REQ...Cathedral

gittarzann

Power User
Keeping in the lines of I can't make the delay do what I want, has anyone nailed the delay from Cathedral.

I have tried a bunch of delays from different presets, and usually make them sound terrible before I am done.

please note, it is my lack of experience, not the Axe that is causing me grief.

I had it PERFECT on my G-Force and wrote it down on a piece of paper...somewhere...in my studio... :oops:

I now use an old DOD FX90 delay and it works pretty good.

I found this:
http://www.edvanhalen.com/evh/index.php ... c&t=689913

I also had a nice printout from a website somewhere. PM me and I'll send you the link. :D

I recall that the delay (1/4,1/8, and ms) depend on the speed you play it at.

424 ms, 12% feedback & most importantly, make sure your delayed notes are as loud or slightly louder than the original (approx. 35% mix) and it will take you there exactly! ;)

jelyfinger said:
424 ms, 12% feedback & most importantly, make sure your delayed notes are as loud or slightly louder than the original (approx. 35% mix) and it will take you there exactly! ;)

35% mix louder than the original? Wouldn't 50% mix be = to the original?

javajunkie said:
jelyfinger said:

So is he saying add 35% to the original mix - 50% (Original ) + 35% = 85% <----- ? :roll:

GuitarDojo said:
javajunkie said:
jelyfinger said:

So is he saying add 35% to the original mix - 50% (Original ) + 35% = 85% <----- ? :roll:

No that would be WAY louder, I think he meant 55%. That's what I keep all my .8th delay stuff at.

Back
Top Bottom