Replaced Stock Fan In My Early Axe-Fx III - Results Are Very Impressive

Thank God I'm not the only one who got loud fan. But it started to be noisy since couple months of use, not from the beginning. I thought it's warranty case but too lazy to figure it out. Now I know what to do. Thanks!

Pleased to see (but not hear) that my new Mark II came equipped with a high quality and extremely quiet (inaudible) fan fitted as standard. This fan is significantly quieter than the Noctua ULN that I had fitted to a Mark I (but that one was on permanently).
Good move - thanks Fractal.

Attachments

• Fan Mk II.jpg
    Fan Mk II.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
Putting in a Noctua in my freakishly loud III mk2 (even after servicing by FAS) was super easy, and has made a huge difference in how much I enjoy using it, my 2 cents.

Someone call linus tech tips to see if they will water cool one of these things.
The heatsink on the processor is tiny. No need to even watercool it, it would probably be perfectly fine with a bigger passive heatsink. The fan is more for airflow for every component in the vicinity whether they need it or not plus avoiding heat buildup inside the chassis.

Glad to see that Fractal is putting more effort in making these things silent.

The heatsink on the processor is tiny. No need to even watercool it, it would probably be perfectly fine with a bigger passive heatsink. The fan is more for airflow for every component in the vicinity whether they need it or not plus avoiding heat buildup inside the chassis.

Glad to see that Fractal is putting more effort in making these things silent.
100% joking. My unit is virtually noiseless and I have no complaints.

LTT has water cooled things that don't need to be water cooled like calculators (for the entertainment of building something dumb), hence the joke.

Back
Top Bottom