Repetitive Notice

Bulldog50

Inspired
I had my Axe Edit open unintentionally, and I clicked on Fractal Bot (the latest version). Normally I would get a notification that another application controlling the device (Axe FX III) was open, but this time I got multiple notices, like 1 every .5 seconds. I had to stop the notices by clicking on one of them, but they were opening so fast, I had a problem doing that. Is this a bug in the new version of Fractal Bot or AXE-Edit? Did anyone notice this or have a similar experience? I am running Windows 11, totally updated and the latest versions of both Fractal Bot and AXE Edit and I have installed the latest firmware and dynamic cabs also are the latest versions.

Isn't the standalone FractalBot basically obsolete at this point? I'm not sure why it's still available, especially since it's prone to conflicts with the editor.

Isn't the standalone FractalBot basically obsolete at this point? I'm not sure why it's still available, especially since it's prone to conflicts with the editor.
I don't know. I am not a developer or programmer. But I assume Cliff and his team have developers and programmers on the payroll who could answer those questions.

It has its place when dealing with connection and/or booting issues.

I think, rather than not have it available at all, we can encourage people to not load it on their drives, or to remove it if it's already there. The version embedded in Edit is great when the connection works and the modeler is booting correctly.

I had a fair break from guitar stuff and assumed it was still the main software to update firmware - guess this is not the case at all anymore lol. Used it the other day to get up to date hehe

I had my Axe Edit open unintentionally, and I clicked on Fractal Bot (the latest version). Normally I would get a notification that another application controlling the device (Axe FX III) was open, but this time I got multiple notices, like 1 every .5 seconds. I had to stop the notices by clicking on one of them, but they were opening so fast, I had a problem doing that. Is this a bug in the new version of Fractal Bot or AXE-Edit? Did anyone notice this or have a similar experience? I am running Windows 11, totally updated and the latest versions of both Fractal Bot and AXE Edit and I have installed the latest firmware and dynamic cabs also are the latest versions.
I've encountered it a couple times, and it's not desirable behavior for it to do that but it might be unavoidable.

There might be a way for the code to ask the USB driver if something already has a connection to a device and "lock" it, but I imagine that'd play badly with simultaneously running Edit or Fractal-Bot while recording and playback to a DAW via USB. I used to develop for Macs years ago, but the USB system is a lot more sophisticated than it used to be and I haven't read the USB documentation in forever.

I've encountered it a couple times, and it's not desirable behavior for it to do that but it might be unavoidable.

There might be a way for the code to ask the USB driver if something already has a connection to a device and "lock" it, but I imagine that'd play badly with simultaneously running Edit or Fractal-Bot while recording and playback to a DAW via USB. I used to develop for Macs years ago, but the USB system is a lot more sophisticated than it used to be and I haven't read the USB documentation in forever.
Yes, but no problems have occurred for the last 3 years that I have had the device. Why now?

I had a fair break from guitar stuff and assumed it was still the main software to update firmware - guess this is not the case at all anymore lol. Used it the other day to get up to date hehe
Yeah, why is it still there if it is not supposed to be used?

Yeah, why is it still there if it is not supposed to be used?
It is sometimes useful to have the standalone version.

You can use it, you just can't use both at the same time.

If you don't need the standalone version it's easy to just use the built-in version from the editor.

FYI Stand-alone fractalbot for me on Intel Mac Ventura has needed to be force quit the last 2-3 versions. Works great, but once the action has been done, it won’t close and stays the top layer of the windows.

Back
Top Bottom