Reorder scenes & presets on device

jetdriver1775

Experienced
Is this possible? Besides sorting A-Z.

I couldn’t find anything in the manual under presets. It would be cool to be able to move them around without a PC.

Yeah, thx. I was hoping for helix style functionality when it comes to reordering presets. Perhaps down the road a bit. Set lists would be cool too.

Yeah, thx. I was hoping for helix style functionality when it comes to reordering presets. Perhaps down the road a bit. Set lists would be cool too.
The easiest way is to reorder with FM3 Edit; use the Preset Manager and drag and drop.

You can easily build a setlist from the unit itself by just saving your desired presets into a range you've reserved for that (that's what I do).

I do wish they would come out with some sort of a favorites option for presets.

I would also LOVE a UNDO and REDO option in the FM Edit...
There's already an undo in the editor, but it's not a "stack", it's only the last change and I don't think it works for things like block delete, etc.

In any case, completely irrelevant to this thread which is specifically about doing things from the front panel not the editor ;)

I would also LOVE a UNDO and REDO option in the FM Edit...

There is a Snapshot function in FM3 Edit - the little camera icon in the upper right corner. You can take a snapshot of a particular buch of settings, and then take another snapshot later after you've made changes. You can then go back and forward between any snapshot. Please note that this only works on the preset and edit session that you're (immediately) working on. If you close the editor or navigate away (eg to another preset), you'll lose the snapshots.

There is a function within the Layout Tools on the FM3 itself that allows the swapping of a scene from one location to another (eg Scen3 8 becomes Scene 5 and in parallel Scene 5 becomes Scene 8). I use this a lot to, for example, get Clean, Rhythm and Lead on three footswitches/scenes right next to each other.

1717394214528.png

I dont believe you can swap presets on the unit (but you can in FM3 Edit) .. you'll need to save the preset to another location. So - if you want certain presets together, I usually copy the ones I want to move to a spare memory slot, and then copy or move the preset I need to the new location. If you copy the old or "wrong" location one first, you won't lose it!

Back
Top Bottom