Renaming <EMPTY> Preset and EMPTY Cab Slots

aprilia4life

Could be just an issue for me, but is there a way to remove the EMPTY name text from unused preset and cab slots in cab/preset manager/selection screen?

I figured out I can just go through all the unused Presets and bulk delete the <EMPTY> text and save changes. But for the empty cab slots, I can't rename them from "EMPTY" to blank, as it errors and says I can't rename empty slots.

Well, I suppose if it really bugs you, you could probably save a null ir w/o a name to every empty cab slot to get them to not show as "<EMPTY>".

It might also work if you save something to all the slots, and then clear them (using Axe-Manage Cabs) and save.... Based on what I've seen on the AxeFx at least, that "<EMPTY>" display name seems to be reserved by the system for parts of the bank memory that have never been initialized by anything at all, or at least I know if you clear a patch at a given slot (with Axe-Manage Presets) it will always be sans name rather than "<EMPTY>".

It's actually more annoying, I think, to NOT have the "<EMPTY>" display name since that will cause all the deleted patches w/ no names to always sort first alphabetically when doing using the "Sort A-Z" page on the Recall screen of the AxeFX front panel (if you've delete 128+ patches in a bank this way it's really in the way), but maybe the AX8 is different in that regard...

Back
Top Bottom