Removing the MFC101 plastic feet ?

I was considering removing the feet and using the screws to run through a board (with the head countersunk into the board) and into the MFC to secure it to the board. Does anyone see a problem with that?

This is exactly what I have done (although I ran the screws back through the feet on top of the board to allow space under the MFC for my expression pedal cables) and it has worked out very well.

Took em out, removed the feet, put em right back in. No issues.

If you look inside the MFC, there is one screw that will touch the board inside, or come very close to touching it, if you put it all the way in without the rubber feet, not sure what can happen from that, but i wouldn't take that chance, just switch it with a screw from the back (check my post above)

This is exactly what I have done (although I ran the screws back through the feet on top of the board to allow space under the MFC for my expression pedal cables) and it has worked out very well.

Did you use longer screws? If so where did you find them? all my local hardware stores don't have it. I'm going to do the same but the screws are too short to go thru the Trailer Trash board I have.

Did you use longer screws? If so where did you find them? all my local hardware stores don't have it. I'm going to do the same but the screws are too short to go thru the Trailer Trash board I have.

I looked everywhere locally for the same screw only shorter but could not find them anywhere. I ended up cutting each screw from their 7mm length down to about 4mm and put them back in. Works great but I will have to source new screws if I ever want to put the feet back on :)

D

Ya those screws seem hard to find locally..

There is a company called Fastenal (we have one here locally but they are online too). I had them measure the threading and then I had them order screws that were 3/4 inch longer than the screws that came with the MFC, to account for the added depth of the feet and pedal board. Took about two days to get them. If you don't have a Fastenal locally I would think you could go to any Home Depot or Menards or Lowes or whatever to determine the threading (I don't remember what it was - maybe 4mm, but don't quote me on that) and then order the screws from Fastenal online. Hope that helps.

Thanks Stringer76, I'll check out Fastenal, have already done all the local Home Depot, Lowe's etc, no one has them that size. I think they'r less then 4 mm, probably around 3.5mm, because the 3 mm they had didn't work, and 4 was too big.

Back
Top Bottom