Removing popping artifacts from Compressed clean sound

Synchronicity

Inspired
Hi there

I've got a really nice 80s pop guitar sound with lots of that spanky compression, but on the higher notes and when more pick attack is applied it starts to clip with the compression pops and peaks the signal.

Just wondering if there is a way to EQ this out using the GEQ or some other setting to remove the clipping while retaining the general vibe of the tone?

Audio example here - as you can hear at the start, no problem with general soft playing, but when the notes get higher and more attack/muting it starts to appear.

[soundcloud url="" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Many thanks!

Maybe its near CPU limit?

Aside from that its a great sound! Would you share a preet?

Thanks Paul, CPU is only at 72% so isn't that, I think the compression is emphasising a certain frequency range too much, but I can't seem to narrow it down by using the GEQ.

Heres the preset, very happy with it, one of my go-to clean sounds for my strat (and in the sample clip above, my Epiphone Les Paul (with Dimarzio D-Activator pickup).

Attachments

• Acoustic Piezo-stratbass.syx
    17 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom