Remove Front Handles?

I’m just guessing here, but the handles on most rack units are attached to the faceplate with screws on the back side. That’s the easy part. The hard part would be accessing those screws.

I’m just guessing here, but the handles on most rack units are attached to the faceplate with screws on the back side. That’s the easy part. The hard part would be accessing those screws.
Those screws are easy to get to with most screwdrivers. It looks like it takes a PH2 bit/driver.

Ok, I got a reply that it is something easy to be done. Super happy about that. I really don’t have a lot of space on my desk and this will help me.

Ok, I got a reply that it is something easy to be done. Super happy about that. I really don’t have a lot of space on my desk and this will help me.
Hmm... now you've got me thinking about removing mine. What is the procedure? I mean you obviously have to open the case. Does that void the warranty?

Th
Hmm... now you've got me thinking about removing mine. What is the procedure? I mean you obviously have to open the case. Does that void the warranty?
I hope I’m not causing any problem, but this is the reply: “Yes they can be removed easily. 2 Phillips screws each handle directly behind the handle (they are easily visible)”.

Those screws are easy to get to with most screwdrivers. It looks like it takes a PH2 bit/driver.

I wasn’t thinking about it when I posted earlier, but the handles are mounted to the outer edges of the faceplate and should be pretty easy to remove.

2C66F982-28AF-412F-BB30-F2C8531E9940.jpegSuper easy to remove. Just 2 screws on the back. I definitely prefer it without handles.

I mean, why the stress, posting a thread, not believing what people wrote anyway, so in turn writing FAS to get the answer a look from the angle you took the picture would have given you?
Maybe it was already mounted in a rack when the question came up, as was the case with me.

I mean, why the stress, posting a thread, not believing what people wrote anyway, so in turn writing FAS to get the answer a look from the angle you took the picture would have given you?
Maybe someone else will find it useful in the future. To me this is the reason of a community.
Sorry if this bother you, it was not my intention.

Back
Top Bottom