Remember Flyin' Angus's Bogner XTC Clip Reamp from 2008? Let's revisit it with v11.05

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
2011 November Version 3.xx

2013 October Version 11.05

And a BLAST from the past with a new submission using the same direct track, but I ran it through my current Axe-FX II Bogner Red Preset. No post processing; what you hear is what happened. Sounds better than ever (to me). :aok

Delay and reverb are my preset; all cut in one pass, nothing added. FLAC format available for download at the SoundCloud link for high resolution goodness. Grab that, put it in your DAW and CRANK the snot out of your monitors for fun. ;)

EDIT:

Eric posted this on TGP (Soloact):

FYI to all: Here's the original recording of Angus playing through his amp.
Here's the description he gave:
Guitar was an EBMM Axis into the Bogner red channel, into a Bogner 4x12 w/G12H30's mic'd with a Trion 7000 mic/Hardy M1 preamp - straight into MBox using Pro Tools LE7.

It has that nice combo of meat without mud and cut without thinness. I can see why the amp is popular.

TGP member kyolic posted this:

RFpWgOf.gif

Blue is the original and green is Scott.

Last edited:
Mmm i dont know Scott, sounds like if it was using a different IR, i actually like both and seem like a usable sound for any given situation.

First Clip sounds a bit Nuno Bettencourt circa 1992 (III Sides album). I like them both. They're certainly very different.

Are these on Axe-Change?

If the preset isn't on Axe-Exchange, it will be.

Once Cab Lab drops, I'll spill on the cabinet IR (Own Hammer mix I do).

Eric posted this on TGP (Soloact):

FYI to all: Here's the original recording of Angus playing through his amp.
Here's the description he gave:
Guitar was an EBMM Axis into the Bogner red channel, into a Bogner 4x12 w/G12H30's mic'd with a Trion 7000 mic/Hardy M1 preamp - straight into MBox using Pro Tools LE7.

It has that nice combo of meat without mud and cut without thinness. I can see why the amp is popular.

TGP member kyolic posted this:

RFpWgOf.gif

Blue is the original and green is Scott.

Hmm, call me crazy but I actually prefer the first clip. They both are useable, but the second one sounds a bit muffled and muddy in comparison. A bit too dark, at least to my ears...

Hmm, call me crazy but I actually prefer the first clip. They both are useable, but the second one sounds a bit muffled and muddy in comparison. A bit too dark, at least to my ears...

Tis cool; I like the first clip too... it's really the same preset and still dialed by me. These are my tones; just snapshots in time.

If the second is muffled; then turn it UP. Way up. ;) :D

the 2nd needs a bit of the high frequency response of the 1st to match the original......TMA maybe ;-)

Agreed.

Note: I wasn't trying to match or duplicate the original though. I just took his raw direct track through my presets. It is just a coincidence that I happen to dial it somewhat similar; there was no tweaking or anything related to that. This wasn't an attempt to duplicate anything; just done as an after thought to a TGP thread where I was reamping a guy's signal through some online presets for him as a favor, thought it'd be fun to revisit this. Nothing more; honest.

It'd be academic at this point - simple really - to just do the TMA and nail the OP if that was my goal. It is not.

Back
Top Bottom