Rehearsal space 4 x 12 cabinet dilemma

Justmc

Inspired
Was curious if anybody had some thoughts on this subject. I use my Axefx 2 mostly at home through FRFR speakers via a Matrix GT1000 amp. Very happy with the tones especially with the Quantum firmware. Sometimes I meet with other musicians in commercial rehearsal rooms and plug my equipment into a Mesa or Marshall 4x12 cabinet. I usually create specific presets for these occasions with amp sims on and cabinet sims off . I use a Carvin 2x12 V30 cab at home to get a rough mix and tweak EQ in the studio .

I have been pretty happy with the results, just very time consuming process. Can anybody else explain how they handle similar scenarios ? One time I was gonna send a signal into the room PA which is dedicated for the vocal mikes but was getting some concerns from the others that it would overpower the mix . Prefer not to bring a FRFR speaker system with me since Guitar/Axefx/Mfc/GT1000 .. etc is already enough :)

Thanx !

I set up some of my presets so that output 1 includes cab sims and output 2 doesn't. That way I can send out 2 to a guitar cab and out 1 to FOH or FRFR monitors. If you did this with some of your presets you wouldn't have to set up new ones each time. Also out 1 and out 2 have separate global eq's which you can use to tweak your tone for the cabinet/speaker combo and the room.

Back
Top Bottom