Regarding Firmware 3.0!

holy crap! I mean HOLY CRAP!!!

I just spent about 20 minutes noodling thru the 59 bassguy and it really does sound better. But I didn't think things COULD get much better than 2.0c. I'm going to have to get serious about pulling out the roadster and rivera and compare these things. But where to send the wife for a few days?....

If I just update to 3.0 which I did, and dont touch a thing (and dont update new preset bank a) am I supposed to hear changes? I mean literally update, then play through my same presets, originals or my own patches, should anything change? Is it only if I default to the new amp models that I am to hear a change? Does anyone know what changes when going from original to "default" cause something def. does, but not always to my liking, id like to tweak back things. I get the sense that overall the changes will be great but I dont want to throw out the baby with the bathwater (start patches from scratch again , arrrrg)

The Plexi sounds great!! wow!! -----bright on, voiceing to modern, and turn up the proximity a little and lay in to it

Only neutral and modern sound good to me so far on voicings, everything else (at bedroom volumes) sounds to just muddy up or take away high end, like laying a hand over the right half of the equalizer levers.

Back
Top Bottom