Redwirez Metal Experiment Clip

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Here's the clip: https://www.oulu.fi/perl/lataa/lataa/do ... ntClip.mp3

Not sure about Redwirez intentions but there are rumours of a metal IR kit floating around the forum and here's my sloppy playing combined with a few of those metal IRs that they gave me. (thanks!)

The first clip is DT-HOME because the song has those tight muted parts that show how tight the cabs are. Remember!!! this is only one AMP and two of those RW metal IRs combined. I also recorded some clean playing with my PRS and the metal IRs. No EQ/compression anywhere. I'm pretty sure I'll use these IRs for cleans also.

Let me know what you guys (and 2 girls) think!

I used those custom IR's from Redwirez. Here's the thread I got them from: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12271&start=10

I used the cap edge micing with -6db, 1 inch distance, SM57 off axis and regular together. A really simple setup!

[AMP]--[CAB1]- <- this is all I did
-------\[CAB2]/

The amp was a Mark IV with pretty realistic settings. Gain and master at 8, bass at 2, mids at 5, treble at 8. Presence at zero... sag and damp full. Volume needs to be lower to avoid clipping.

Hope this helps! :)

Can someone explain me what the IRs are and why you need them for the axe-fx, which already has unlimited options...

Hansen said:
Can someone explain me what the IRs are and why you need them for the axe-fx, which already has unlimited options...

You don't "need" them. Basically they are custom cabinets that can be used with your Axe-Fx. The cabs in the Axe-Fx are good... I'm actually using a stock cab for all my tones now. But you can always experiment with different IRs. Redwirez IRs seem to be popular here and they are really good.

It's an old file and I don't have it anymore... however I can make a new clip ASAP. Maybe overnight... must see.

Well these clips are just random noodling around and at the time I really didn't think they'd be anything else but random scheisse. :D Anyways I recorded the new clip :D The first tone is the CALI CAB 0-0:35 but everything else is a 50/50 mix between a METAL EXP. IR and REWIREZ M160 capedge. Why? Well I haven't found anything that can top the CALI CAB in my books so I needed something to beef up the METAL EXP. IR. It's a Mark IV tone but from 1:03 it's an über.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xdefznvnljn

:D Yeah it sucks... I can't post a link some places cause it's a blocked webpage! :D SWITCHING TO A NEW SITE!

EDIT: Wow! this soundclick thing is a piece of... not cake. I've used it for 1min and I already hate it. Nice! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom