Redwirez And Atomic FR Suggestions

I am running the atomic FR and have been trying to improve my sounds a little. I have been using Mostly the stock Cabs (Black 2x12) on my Main Fender sound I use the PEQ setting I got from Yek's Patches It sounds good But I think it can sound better. I am thinking of Buying some redwirez to screw around with But It is a bit overwhelming as I am a songwriter guitar Player not a recording guy and know almost nothing about mics and Micing a cab except SM58 for vocals Sm57 for guitar. I wish there was a redwirez Greatest Hits So my ears would not get burned out Demo cabs and mics for hours.

Anyone Use redwirez With the atomic. I am going for more of an normal Amp tone Then a FOH sound if that makes sense.

I am running the atomic FR and have been trying to improve my sounds a little. I have been using Mostly the stock Cabs (Black 2x12) on my Main Fender sound I use the PEQ setting I got from Yek's Patches It sounds good But I think it can sound better. I am thinking of Buying some redwirez to screw around with But It is a bit overwhelming as I am a songwriter guitar Player not a recording guy and know almost nothing about mics and Micing a cab except SM58 for vocals Sm57 for guitar. I wish there was a redwirez Greatest Hits So my ears would not get burned out Demo cabs and mics for hours.

Anyone Use redwirez With the atomic. I am going for more of an normal Amp tone Then a FOH sound if that makes sense.

Take a look at Ownhammer as well. Maybe some of their options will appeal to you.

I spent $18.50 at Redwirez I now have 1000 IR's on my computer. What I have learned is Cliff or whoever does the cabs for fractal is so much better then me at figuring this stuff out. I listened to they all sound the same. I might end sticking with Black 2x12.

I bought Fender twin Jenson
And Roland JC120.

Anyone use these?

I'm no expert & wouldn't mind some help myself but I think alot of the trck is to mix them with different mike positions & types. I used some of the recomended mixes on here & like the results a lot.

Paul

Leave power amp sims and cab emulations ON when using the Atomic cabs. They are designed to be transparent like a high end studio monitor.

Leave power amp sims and cab emulations ON when using the Atomic cabs. They are designed to be transparent like a high end studio monitor.

Thanks Matt but I meant the ir mixer on the redwirez website. At the bottom it has a pull down menu, do I leave this to none?

Thanks

Thanks Matt but I meant the ir mixer on the redwirez website. At the bottom it has a pull down menu, do I leave this to none?

Thanks
It just scoops the mids a bit. I'd try it with it off and with a couple of different percentages and see what you think of the difference. If I recall I used it at a low percentage (50-70%) on a couple of cabs and I liked it.

It just scoops the mids a bit. I'd try it with it off and with a couple of different percentages and see what you think of the difference. If I recall I used it at a low percentage (50-70%) on a couple of cabs and I liked it.

Thanks Genghis, I'll give it a try.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom