REDSOUND RK8

FredH

My RK8 arrived this afternoon. I had no expectations with little to no YouTube demos out there. I just kind of figured it had to be decent if Fractal Audio are involved. I have a Headrush, an ADVANCED NATIVE TECHNOLOGIES (ASM ANT), a Yamaha DBR12 which I have used as my #1 since 2017 and I absolutely love. I would describe the RK8 as sounding very much like an amplifier. I have a Friedman JJ 20watt head/1x12 cab I use to practice with and I must say they are similar. I have a show this Saturday. May 18th so I will try to get a video up so you can hear it. You won't be disappointed at all with the RK8. There is only different, not better. Doesn't sound anything like a PA speaker.

Thanks for the review. I also have one and it's really good ! One small thing I regret for now : it's the lack of bass.
I just ordered a MF10 Pro/M just to compare the two (and I have now much more bass)... but I also like the clarity of the RK8...
Hard to choose but never test them in live gig situation.

Hey Fred,

How was your gig using the RK8 ?

I have tested the MF10 and I'm definitely keeping the RK8. Much more clearer, better definition and bass could be added using EQ.
I'm curious about how it was during your show.

Hey Fred,

How was your gig using the RK8 ?

I have tested the MF10 and I'm definitely keeping the RK8. Much more clearer, better definition and bass could be added using EQ.
I'm curious about how it was during your show.
It was much different than playing in the living room. I was not happy. We run tracks so I keep the left monitor in and use my right ear to listen to my floor monitor. One thing I learned after the show was that the RK8 will give you 3 different sounds. The wedge floor monitor. Tilt forward and on it's side. The wedge floor monitor look will take away the bottom end. Tilt it forward and it will give you some of that bottom end back. Night and day difference. Put it on it's side and you have a lot more bottom which was very pleasing to me. I play a 1997 PRS custom 24 with HFS/VB pickups also. I have another show this Sunday so I'm going to give it another go. I will report back. The good news is that if this isn't what I want they have offered to trade me into an MF10. fingers crossed. I will report back next week.

My RK8 arrived this afternoon. I had no expectations with little to no YouTube demos out there. I just kind of figured it had to be decent if Fractal Audio are involved. I have a Headrush, an ADVANCED NATIVE TECHNOLOGIES (ASM ANT), a Yamaha DBR12 which I have used as my #1 since 2017 and I absolutely love. I would describe the RK8 as sounding very much like an amplifier. I have a Friedman JJ 20watt head/1x12 cab I use to practice with and I must say they are similar. I have a show this Saturday. May 18th so I will try to get a video up so you can hear it. You won't be disappointed at all with the RK8. There is only different, not better. Doesn't sound anything like a PA speaker.
I was able to record 5 or 6 songs on my bands fb page this weekend for anybody interested in a REDSOUND RK8. Happy Endings Band Omaha on FB. There just isn't anything out there on these. I will say that I preferred my 85b 81n EMGs to my PRS Custom 24 with HFS/VB. I Hope you are able to determine for yourself if this speaker is for you. If you look closely you will see I prefer it on its side. It has 3 completely different sounds depending on how you stand it up. Also. The bass player is using my FM3 with no cab. In ears only. I am very pleased with the sound of both.

Back
Top Bottom