Redsound MF10 Sica Speaker

rustyshed

Inspired
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if this is the speaker in the Redsound MF10s?

https://sica.it/prodotto/10-c-2-cp/

I have a stereo bundle of MF10s which I love but they are getting wrecked with constant gigging, The boxes are getting a fair amount of abuse in travel. I am looking to outfit a 2x10 I have with the same speakers if possible as I already have a touring case for it.

Just wondering if anyone knows to save me opening up one of the MF10s to check.

Thanks

If it only goes to 3500 Hz, isn't that unlikely?
Or might it be the specs w/o the tweeter? (it does say woofer)

MF10 specs claim 60 - 20000 Hz (+/- 3dB)

I have a stereo bundle of MF10s which I love but they are getting wrecked with constant gigging, The boxes are getting a fair amount of abuse in travel. I am looking to outfit a 2x10 I have with the same speakers if possible as I already have a touring case for it.
A cabinet with different internal dimensions will affect the sound of the speakers. There's probably a crossover to consider too, because its frequency was calibrated to the MF10 cabinets.

Here is a photo of the one that is mounted in the LG12SE, it's a 12" neodymium, I don't think it's in the catalog so a version for Redsound

Attachments

• IMG_20220214_075252.jpg
    IMG_20220214_075252.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • Capture d’écran du 2024-04-04 06-46-30.png
    Capture d’écran du 2024-04-04 06-46-30.png
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 9
Possibly, in this case it will not be in the official catalog
That’s to be expected.

I was trying to figure out what their tweeter is, but the best I could tell was that it nicely fills out the frequencies above 3-5K if the charts and regular specs are correct.

Here is a photo of the one that is mounted in the LG12SE, it's a 12" neodymium, I don't think it's in the catalog so a version for Redsound
The first photo is their standard coaxial woofer used with their custom tweeter. The ELIS.8 uses a similar, but smaller woofer.

The speaker I posted looks the same as the mf10 one, there is not much information past 4K when you eq the cabs with axefx3 so I’m assuming it’s the same speaker. obviously there is a tweeter too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom