Wish Redsound Elis 8 Cab IR captures

Hey if you want to do it go for it, do an ir capture of the Elis 8s then run the marshall ir in cab block 1 in series into cab block 2 with the ir of the Elis 8s. I would be genuinely interested to hear if that gets you to where you want to be in your DAW recording. @Shepdoggiest

Hey if you want to do it go for it, do an ir capture of the Elis 8s then run the marshall ir in cab block 1 in series into cab block 2 with the ir of the Elis 8s. I would be genuinely interested to hear if that gets you to where you want to be in your DAW recording. @Shepdoggiest
I talked to him personally.

His goal has nothing to do with the Elis monitors at all at least how you're thinking.

"TBH I don't really like these cabs. Playing at a subdued volume for practicing in my studio these things are not natural sounding at all to me."

What he wants is for his guitar sound when not playing loud to match his sound when playing loud. I tried to explain to him that louder is louder and there is nothing you can do about that, your ears react to it and thats that.

He told me he is used to a REAL Marshall 4x12 and he does not find the experience playing through the Elis as pleasing on his ears unless they are cranked to a point he considers too loud for bedroom use, and that he thinks the real 4x12 sounds better at low volume still to him.

I told him the best solutions for this already, the best he can do is either the obvious, use a real cabinet and poweramp, or, try more substantial low and high cuts on his patches while playing at lower volumes, but the experience is never going to be the same playing quiet as playing loud.

So again, this has actually nothing to do with the Elis monitors really and it would be better NOT to confuse the man. Especially with this idea of taking an IR of an FRFR cabinet.

"The FRFR cabs I've played through sound different with the exact same Axe Fx iii amp and cab signal, leaving me to think there may be 'true flat response' until the speaker imparts it's individual color. "

What he thought was the FRFR system he is using, when playing loud was being effected in the same way a guitar speaker is, that isn't the case. So he is thinking the character of the FRFR was what was making it better, really that isn't it. It really is just the volume being louder is making his ears attenuate more high frequency and that volume is how we are used to hearing guitar, especially him.

I talked to him personally.

His goal has nothing to do with the Elis monitors at all at least how you're thinking.

"TBH I don't really like these cabs. Playing at a subdued volume for practicing in my studio these things are not natural sounding at all to me."

What he wants is for his guitar sound when not playing loud to match his sound when playing loud. I tried to explain to him that louder is louder and there is nothing you can do about that, your ears react to it and thats that.

He told me he is used to a REAL Marshall 4x12 and he does not find the experience playing through the Elis as pleasing on his ears unless they are cranked to a point he considers too loud for bedroom use, and that he thinks the real 4x12 sounds better at low volume still to him.

I told him the best solutions for this already, the best he can do is either the obvious, use a real cabinet and poweramp, or, try more substantial low and high cuts on his patches while playing at lower volumes, but the experience is never going to be the same playing quiet as playing loud.

So again, this has actually nothing to do with the Elis monitors really and it would be better NOT to confuse the man. Especially with this idea of taking an IR of an FRFR cabinet.

"The FRFR cabs I've played through sound different with the exact same Axe Fx iii amp and cab signal, leaving me to think there may be 'true flat response' until the speaker imparts it's individual color. "

What he thought was the FRFR system he is using, when playing loud was being effected in the same way a guitar speaker is, that isn't the case. So he is thinking the character of the FRFR was what was making it better, really that isn't it. It really is just the volume being louder is making his ears attenuate more high frequency and that volume is how we are used to hearing guitar, especially him.
Fletcher Munson. Best he can do is try and match the high and low end with EQ to his preferred loud tone, eg add highs and lows to the quieter sound. But, at the end of the day if you want the sound of loud, that requires to be loud and move air.

I finally found the huge 4x12 Marshall sound at LOUD volumes in my room through stereo Elis 8s. I want to capture that sound to my cabs library for direct recording use so I don't hafta try to mic a very loud amp in a 11x11 room to record into the DAW. I know if I tried by my own understanding I wouldn't get it in a hundred attempts. How do I do this with a hopefully good degree of accuracy? Of course I hope they will be captured (maybe as Dyna-cabs) because Fractal sells them online? Thanks much!
"Do not put a microphone in front of a FRFR speaker" in the Wiki talks about this sort of situation.

Back
Top Bottom