RED SOUND FRFR Speakers now offered through the Fractal Audio online store!

Ok, so I'll chime in. It's been a hard year financially but man I am jonesin' for a pair of Elis.8's. Then I finally thought of a way I could justify it to the wife lol. Buy the Elis.8's and sell my Yamaha HS*'s and use the Elis.8's as my home studio monitor as well as my live FRFR rig.

Thoughts?

These look cool, but a little disappointing that none of the models have separate inputs/levels like the CLR. Still intriguing even without that utility.

Ok, so I'll chime in. It's been a hard year financially but man I am jonesin' for a pair of Elis.8's. Then I finally thought of a way I could justify it to the wife lol. Buy the Elis.8's and sell my Yamaha HS*'s and use the Elis.8's as my home studio monitor as well as my live FRFR rig.

Thoughts?

There's a long, long review thread on the Elis.8 and MF10. I think it was mentioned that they're not great for playing music through, but that was for recorded music, and may not be relevant for other instruments being played live.

Thoughts?
Redsound also has the Studio.8's, which are a pair of 8" near field monitors that are supposed to be excellent. More expensive than the Elis.8's, but probably more along the line of what you're looking for, unless you're going to be using them to gig with.

Thoughts?
Elis.8 (and MF.10 too) aren't studio monitors so I wouldn't trust them for my complete mix. As @rog wrote, red Sound has a line of studio monitor (Studio8 and Studio 6 that I own) and I love them )more than my Neumann. So I would check if you need a studio monitor since you are going to listem a complete mix thorugh them or you just use the speaker for guitar signal (in this case the Elis.8 works perfectly).

Redsound also has the Studio.8's, which are a pair of 8" near field monitors that are supposed to be excellent. More expensive than the Elis.8's, but probably more along the line of what you're looking for, unless you're going to be using them to gig with.
Ya I would definitely want to gig w them as well

Elis.8 (and MF.10 too) aren't studio monitors so I wouldn't trust them for my complete mix. As @rog wrote, red Sound has a line of studio monitor (Studio8 and Studio 6 that I own) and I love them )more than my Neumann. So I would check if you need a studio monitor since you are going to listem a complete mix thorugh them or you just use the speaker for guitar signal (in this case the Elis.8 works perfectly).
thanks diego

ok then, Diego? 8's or 10's?🤘🏼
where are going to use them (rehearsal room, bedroom, studio)? As already said Elis.8 has a lot of power and can be the right solution if you have to fight with your neighbors 😉
I tried MF.10 and then switched to Eli’s.8 in my studio since they are more than enough for tracking (FAS unit out1 direct to my SSL board - or digitally directly to my DAW - and Elis.8 right in front of the guitar player for feeling and feedback).

where are going to use them (rehearsal room, bedroom, studio)? As already said Elis.8 has a lot of power and can be the right solution if you have to fight with your neighbors 😉
I tried MF.10 and then switched to Eli’s.8 in my studio since they are more than enough for tracking (FAS unit out1 direct to my SSL board - or digitally directly to my DAW - and Elis.8 right in front of the guitar player for feeling and feedback).
Do you ever feel like the Elis 8 is underwhelming in a live situation, volume wise? I am still confused about which would make the most sense to me, since this would be only used in a live setting.

Do you ever feel like the Elis 8 is underwhelming in a live situation, volume wise? I am still confused about which would make the most sense to me, since this would be only used in a live setting.
How far are you going to stand from them? Are they acting as a backline and need to fill the house, or are you letting FOH do the heavy lifting and the ELIS.8 would be for your personal monitoring?

They can get loud, but 8" speakers can't move as much air as 10" or 12" speakers, so you have to work with what they are designed for.

it would definitely be for both, I probably wouldnt use them as a back line, I have Marshall 412's for that, but also have in ears so kinda overkill. I would put them up front for personal monitoring

Back
Top Bottom