Red Sound Elis8 FRFR Review and MF 10 Comparision

It lacks a little presence in the low end, but that's not a problem.
the comparison should also be made at high volume
The Cubo does sound very good in the video.
I have no problem with presence with my two Cubos and I found the optional EQ very useful.
I always do my presets at higher (gig) volume and I do use the EQ to dial in my sound at home (lower volume).

I have the Elis8 in my cart ready to pull the trigger on.......Now I am second guessing should I get the MF10's..........ugh........

I bought the Elis 8's (pair) a year ago long before this FAS deal came out with them.

The Elis 8's are plenty loud. I use them in my studio. I literally have the volume set at 5 on them and the output on my FM9 set at 1/4 way up. So 5 * .25 = volume level 1.25. And it's loud as hell. I can only imagine running them at volume 8 at a huge gig and maxing the output 1 knob of my FM9 at 100%. It would be loud enough to keep up with a metal band with a real banger for a drummer!

I suggest if you're needs are not monumentus go for the Elis 8's you won't be dissapointed. The MF10 are much bigger, heavier I think, and far louder and not as many people need that kind of power.

Ask yourself do you want to use them in your home studio as well? I find at 1.25 volume the Elis 8's are just on the verge of getting me evicted from my condo without actually getting me evicted.

The MF10's would not be an option. LOL.

Anyone have any thoughts on wedges I could put under the 10's to angle them? Everything I have found is for smaller studio monitors

Thanks!

Is it possible to combine an MF.10 with an Elis.8 to form a stereo set?
I have this question as well. It seems like it would be ideal in terms of versatility. And running stereo on stage usually means one cab on my side of the stage and one on the other so it doesn’t seem like there is much advantage to them being perfectly matched.

Does anyone who has done this have any opinions or observations to share?

I wonder what would happen to the passive speaker if you cranked the active in this particular situation. Different output.

I wonder what would happen to the passive speaker if you cranked the active in this particular situation. Different output.
If you're referring to what Polluxx asked, I wouldn't connect the passive speaker IF it was the standard MF.10 or ELIS.8.

If I was using one of each of the MF.10 and the ELIS.8, I'd use two active cabinets and send them the left and right signals from whichever Out is designated by the preset(s). There'd probably have to be some volume adjustments on the cabs, or in the Out block's Balance setting because the ELIS.8/Pro cab has about 73% the wattage of the MF.10 active cab and the MF.10 are 2 dB more sensitive. It's doable.

If you're referring to what Polluxx asked, I wouldn't connect the passive speaker IF it was the standard MF.10 or ELIS.8.

If I was using one of each of the MF.10 and the ELIS.8, I'd use two active cabinets and send them the left and right signals from whichever Out is designated by the preset(s). There'd probably have to be some volume adjustments on the cabs, or in the Out block's Balance setting because the ELIS.8/Pro cab has about 73% the wattage of the MF.10 active cab and the MF.10 are 2 dB more sensitive. It's doable.
there will be a tonal imbalance, it remains to listen to the result to see if it is acceptable

Just curious if an MF10 was your active and you had it on vol 10 and out 1 100% would you blow up the passive Elis 8?

I don’t know why anyone would want to risk this? Just get a pair of MF10’s or a pair of Elis 8’s. (Active / passive)

OTOH an active Eli’s 8 could still pair up safely with a passive MF10.

Back
Top Bottom