Recto Tube/Diode and Spongy/Bold settings. Let's Discuss.

deathbyguitar

Power User
I saw a few questions/requests in the Cygnus X2 beta threads so I figured now would be a good time to re-explore this. A few questions for those of who have real Rectos to compare with:

1. The Bold/Spongy switch is a variac according to Cliff. Would a Variac value of 100% in the Axe roughly correlate to the Bold setting or would it be something higher?

2. Concerning tube vs solid state rectifiers, Cliff has stated in the past that decreasing Supply Sag simulates solid state rectification, increasing it simulates tube. How does this compare to the real Tube/Diode modes in Rectos? Is Power Tube Hardness related to this at all?

Of course "use your ears" applies to all of this but these little details have been on my mind a lot lately. Thanks for humoring me.

I know when I've looked it up in the past I found specific settings for those elements that correlated to each setting on the amps.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly:
1. The stock setting is equivalent to bold.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly:
1. The stock setting is equivalent to bold.
+ I think that in one of Leon Todds videos he approached the Spongy setting by turning variac down to 75% and turning supply sag up to 6.

(I don‘t have a real Recto but still thought I‘ll add this.)

Back
Top Bottom