Recto Orange METAL!

Had a hard time dialing in this beast for a quick minute. However, I recently downloaded software version 9 and some freeware cabinet IR's. Im this close to selling one of my boogies. Here's a clip I just threw down. 2 tracks- Recto Orange model with some pre and post eq. All in the Axefx.

torchlord said:
"low end" thats why they made a bass guitar. Lol

NOT TRUE! "Low end" in a guitar tone mainly works around 125hz-500hz while bass works from 60hz up.

I like the tone in this clip although the genre isn't my thing. It doesn't have a bass track which would make this track even better. Still my personal preference is that the guitar tone has enough lows to sound ballsy and full on itself too. Bands like Chevelle get praised for their amazing guitar tone but infact most of their album tone comes from the bass tracks. So yes, bass tracks are essential but if your guitar tone is lacking lows the end result will probably sound a bit harsh. Just think of scooping a guitar track at 250hz... a thrashy tone perhaps but not modern... which is what everyone should be going for right? :lol: And the low end I was missing would've been a 1-2dB boost of lows which is really small... so don't worry about my nazi ears.

Clark Kent said:
torchlord said:
"low end" thats why they made a bass guitar. Lol

NOT TRUE! "Low end" in a guitar tone mainly works around 125hz-500hz while bass works from 60hz up.

I like the tone in this clip although the genre isn't my thing. It doesn't have a bass track which would make this track even better. Still my personal preference is that the guitar tone has enough lows to sound ballsy and full on itself too. Bands like Chevelle get praised for their amazing guitar tone but infact most of their album tone comes from the bass tracks. So yes, bass tracks are essential but if your guitar tone is lacking lows the end result will probably sound a bit harsh. Just think of scooping a guitar track at 250hz... a thrashy tone perhaps but not modern... which is what everyone should be going for right? :lol: And the low end I was missing would've been a 1-2dB boost of lows which is really small... so don't worry about my nazi ears.

I respectfully disagree, When you start adding more low end you start blending with the bass, Which is why i believe in most modern music you cant hear the bassist one bit, As the guitarist packs on a hefty low end, Which in then blends to much to make a wall of sound, Keeping the guitar how it is in this clip, And adding a good low end from a bass would help make the guitar sound huge but not blend to the point of not being able to distinguish which instrument is playing what. It calls for a better mix and each person shines in there own frequinces IMO. Look at Misha(Bulb) Guitar tone it sounds huge in the mix but those guitars dont have that much low end at all.

p.s. You can also hear the bass drum alot more clearly this way.

sebby123 said:
I respectfully disagree, When you start adding more low end you start blending with the bass, Which is why i believe in most modern music you cant hear the bassist one bit, As the guitarist packs on a hefty low end, Which in then blends to much to make a wall of sound, Keeping the guitar how it is in this clip, And adding a good low end from a bass would help make the guitar sound huge but not blend to the point of not being able to distinguish which instrument is playing what. It calls for a better mix and each person shines in there own frequinces IMO. Look at Misha(Bulb) Guitar tone it sounds huge in the mix but those guitars dont have that much low end at all.

p.s. You can also hear the bass drum alot more clearly this way.

Well these are all taste issues. I usually use a brickwall lowcut on both guitar and bass tracks and the bass has it usually at 75hz and the guitar tracks get it around 100hz so they almost have the same lowcut. IMO having a higher lowcut on bass gives you an even clearer kick drum sound. I think this is a stupid issue to discuss when it has so much to do with the guitar tone itself. I'd have the lowcut much higher if I was using a Recto f.ex. I'm using amps that are really tight... hard to play but sound a LOT better. F.ex. Killswitch Engage have a flubby low end so the whole mix is a bit flubby because of that so I'd place the lowcut higher myself.

I love Misha's tone and these guys use guitars with crazy low tunings. If I remember correctly he uses FAS MODERN with the GERMAN cab which have A LOT OF LOW END! Misha, why don't you tell us how much lowcut you're using. :)

I'll take a shot at attaching the preset. Lemme know if it works.
*Preset has been updated. (The compression settings were backwards and amp levels too high.)

Attachments

• 127 - Recto $!.syx
    2 KB · Views: 50
You'll probably need to turn down the threshold on the noise gate. I was using a tc booster and keeley comp in front. However, I added a boost and comp with the same settings to the preset. It sounds nearly identical. Guess I'll have to add theese to the rest of my pedals collcting dust.

Back
Top Bottom