Recto New clip

Sounds awesome!
Is it recorded direct? Any post processing?
I am interested in your recording method so I can improve mine. :p

nicoroy123 said:
Sounds awesome!
Is it recorded direct? Any post processing?
I am interested in your recording method so I can improve mine. :p

Thanks dude. It's direct into an Apogee Duet, recorded in Logic 8. The only post I used was Ozone 4 as a loudness maximizer on the mix as a whole.

That is an UNBELIEVABLY good recto sound. Even sitting here with my stupid computer speakers, I'm blown away. Great playing too. Unfortunately I'm very late to the party on this one and the link where the patch was posted is no longer valid. C of C, would you mind re-posting that patch? Thanks in advance...

bkd_guitarist said:
That is an UNBELIEVABLY good recto sound. Even sitting here with my stupid computer speakers, I'm blown away. Great playing too. Unfortunately I'm very late to the party on this one and the link where the patch was posted is no longer valid. C of C, would you mind re-posting that patch? Thanks in advance...

Big +1

That is one gigantic guitar sound. Would be very grateful for a repost of patch.

you know what's funny... actually it's not funny, I'm ticked off! I just posted this clip at another forum today because someone was asking about the Bareknuckle Nailbomb pickup. And I listened to it again, I was like Wow I wish I still had that Recto patch! I'm looking all over my computer and the Axe Fx trying to find if I have a copy of the patch but like an idiot I didn't save it.
I can tell you that pickup has a lot to do with it. And as I'm reading my description in the thread, I can't believe that was a Brit 4x12 cab model because I hardly ever use that lately, it always seems kind of brittle. But I guess it works out with something like the Recto which has lots of low mids and bass. 99% of the time I take the bass way down to about 2, boost the mids, hit it with a TS808 drive block in the beginning with gain all the way down and level all the way up, and increase the bright cap setting a little.
I really wish I could post the patch up again but I don't have it anymore, it sucks. I don't even have that guitar now, wow.

cardinal of crunk said:
True, I got 2 pink guitars now. One will get Nailbombs soon though, so hopefully I can get this sound again.

SML59, I love you!

But our love is impossible and that's what makes it so beautiful :lol: !

I always keep all the patches I download, even if they don't fit my gear.
In case of...

SML59 said:
Here it is. Call me your backup guy :mrgreen: :lol: !

Thanks!

Of course, when I went to save it to my Desktop, it was already there. Musta downloaded it months ago.

Note to self: Clean desktop, take senile pills.

Just the Country Boys in my warmoth build. They were nice, I still thing Lollar makes better single coils. But the Nailbomb is crazy good, and it's got a camo finish, how awesome is that?

I just downloaded the patch and it sounds crappy to me. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom