recording your axe-fx

coupon

what are you guys using to record on your computer? i want a simple/cheat midi solution but i cant seem to find any information on these. if there's alot floating around then i apologize for this but if anyone could help me out that'd be great. im running windows vista ultiamte 32 bit if that matters at all

I am using a Digidesign Mbox Pro on Vista. It is not cheap but great for recording with Pro Tools LE and the Midi works wonderfully with the Axe Fx and the Editor.

Not recording it yet, but I plan to get an Apogee Duet after Christmas or New Year's. (I'm using Mac OS X Leopard, GarageBand). That is, unless there are issues. Of course, this doesn't help Windows users (My Mac is dual boot, I have Vista Ultimate (32bit).

Anyone using the Duet with their Axe-Fx?

Peace.

Logic Pro Studio. For $500 bucks you get all the power you need, a ton of plug-ins, great sounding instruments, and the ability to manipulate loops for scratch or backing tracks. there are a number of analog to digital options to get your sound in there. Apogee makes the Duet (2 channel) for $499 and it sounds fantastic.

You won't outgrow it and Apple keeps making killer improvements.

Have fun.

lonejackrd said:
Logic Pro Studio. For $500 bucks you get all the power you need, a ton of plug-ins, great sounding instruments, and the ability to manipulate loops for scratch or backing tracks. there are a number of analog to digital options to get your sound in there. Apogee makes the Duet (2 channel) for $499 and it sounds fantastic.

You won't outgrow it and Apple keeps making killer improvements.

Have fun.

Totally agree, Logic Studio is the bargain of the software DAWs at $500 and with all you get that you have to pay extra for with other packages. Pro quality and everything you need to create. I'm using it with Apogee Symphony (Apogee AD-16X w/Symphony card and Apogee mini-DAC). Incredibly low latency... everything is better than my old Digidesign Mix+ system except I miss the wide variety of third party plugins... I wish more of the killer plugin makers would support AU...

Steve

I run it with a Rosetta 800 (the Duet is on my laptop) and the PCIe Symphony Card. No latency, great sound. Usually run at 92kHz. Have you tried the stuff from Native Instruments. The Komplete package is expensive but incredible. I've had it for a few years and have upgraded along the way. Totally great synths.

+1 on Logic Pro Studio. You really can't go wrong if you're on a Mac. Easy to record with out of the box, but deep enough that you will probably never need all of its features. I'm using an inexpensive interface (PreSonus Firebox) with great results.

Just for another Mac-based perspective, I use a Metric Halo ULN-2, going either into Cubase Studio 4 via firewire, or into ProTools via an MBox 1 (hooked to the ULN-2 via SPDIF so I can use it's greatly superior pre's and converters). I prefer ProTools for editing, but prefer recording directly in Cubase to avoid dealing with the MBox's limitations.

Since the Axe's digital out is fixed at 48k, and I record all my projects at 44.1, I use the analog outs from the Axe into the ULN-2 (its A/D converters are excellent)... the ULN-2 is the best-sounding interface I could find for the money (unfortunately it's Mac-only).

I run Sonar 7 Studio from rig to Mackie VLZ1202Pro to M-Audio Delta66. Works like a charm.

I'm pretty sure most sound cards come bundled with an LE version of some music software.

Back
Top Bottom