recording with axe fx?

tas9195

Inspired
Question on how to route my setup for correct recording. I have the Axe II mark II running thru the matrix gt1000fx, I have a focusrite scarlett solo and will run that into reaper for recording. I also have 2 tannoy 5 " studio monitors. I want to be able to record and still hear what I am playing. How would I route this setup correctly. Thanks

Why not send the Axe Fx to your DAW via USB? No need for a separate interface... Plus gives you easy capability for future re-amping if you want to.

Hook your tannoy's up to your focusrite monitor outs. Then run your axe either via anoles outs into your focusrite or via spdif into your focusrite assuming it has spdif.
Then launch reaper, create a track and go.

that is what I was wondering if I could go straight usb to the DAW but if I want to hear what I am playing wouldn't I need to go through the interface and have the monitors run through there like Pwrmac suggested.

that is what I was wondering if I could go straight usb to the DAW but if I want to hear what I am playing wouldn't I need to go through the interface and have the monitors run through there like Pwrmac suggested.
Various ways to do it. You can monitor the Axe Fx through your power amp+ speaker(s) while monitoring the rest of the tracks via your monitors..

So just leave my setup as is and run from the axe fx to pc and listen to myself through my cab, when you say the rest do you mean Backing tracks or whatever I am playing to going through the monitors. If I am not going through my interface what do I plug my monitors into for playback

So just leave my setup as is and run from the axe fx to pc and listen to myself through my cab, when you say the rest do you mean Backing tracks or whatever I am playing to going through the monitors. If I am not going through my interface what do I plug my monitors into for playback
Yes, that is what I mean...

So would I still run the monitors through the focusrite for output. USB from computer to the interface out to the monitors, the cables I have that is the only way I see it working. I have 1/4" to rca

So would I still run the monitors through the focusrite for output. USB from computer to the interface out to the monitors, the cables I have that is the only way I see it working. I have 1/4" to rca
Yes... And you probably want to mute the track(s) you are recording to while recording, otherwise you'll hear s weird delay effect.

Awesome thanks for all the info. I don't have a whole lot of time to tinker and figure things out so it helps to get some guidance and speed things up.

I record with the X FX II going straight via usb in to my pc (Reaper DAW) and listen while I record and mixing with my headphones pluged in to the headphone jack on the Axe FX. Here I can hear the palyback and my guitar at the same time.

I record with the X FX II going straight via usb in to my pc (Reaper DAW) and listen while I record and mixing with my headphones pluged in to the headphone jack on the Axe FX. Here I can hear the palyback and my guitar at the same time.
Yeah... I forgot to mention that as another option!

Back
Top Bottom