recording via the USB

Yes - FX loop. You have two routes to your patch : guitar via In1 and DAW via In2. Both monitored via Out1 analog.

I forget how I muted In 2 - probably just bypassed the FX Loop block. You could create a scene for auditioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you running the Axe into a USB hub. A LOT of audio gear hates going through a hub, I've tore my hair a few times cause something was causing a crash due to something plugged into a hub and I did not realise.
If so, plug direct.

Are you running the Axe into a USB hub. A LOT of audio gear hates going through a hub, I've tore my hair a few times cause something was causing a crash due to something plugged into a hub and I did not realise.
If so, plug direct.

no matey.. USB straight into the Mac

something interesting I stumbled upon… tone related…

when experimenting with the S/PDIF I discovered that the extreme highs and lows were a little stronger than expected..
so I did a quick reamp with the USB… exactly the same result..
but when I play through the Axe, I'm using output1 jacks into the mixer.. and this way the highs are softer and the lows a little less strong..
thing is.. I play and dial in the tones…

nothing serious, nothing is broke.. so I'm not worried..
it leads me to conclude that my mixer's channel strip preamps are slightly voiced..

solution: a little EQ in the DAW during mix-down and everything is fine..

something interesting I stumbled upon… tone related…

when experimenting with the S/PDIF I discovered that the extreme highs and lows were a little stronger than expected..
so I did a quick reamp with the USB… exactly the same result..
but when I play through the Axe, I'm using output1 jacks into the mixer.. and this way the highs are softer and the lows a little less strong..
thing is.. I play and dial in the tones…

nothing serious, nothing is broke.. so I'm not worried..
it leads me to conclude that my mixer's channel strip preamps are slightly voiced..

solution: a little EQ in the DAW during mix-down and everything is fine..

I use "Aux in" on my Behringer X32 for this exact reason using the 1/4" out1 jacks, saving the XLR to go to my monitors. Preamp's will always color slightly.

purely in the interests of science, and also for the workflow convenience factor..
I decided to use the USB to record with [safe in the knowledge that the S/PDIF could come to the rescue if it all went tits]..

and the fkn thing refused to go wrong.. lmao
it was solid throughout the entire session..

this therefore proves that there is a god.. and that he has a sense of humour..
he's chuckling away and rather enjoying himself on my account...

I use "Aux in" on my Behringer X32 for this exact reason using the 1/4" out1 jacks, saving the XLR to go to my monitors. Preamp's will always color slightly.

to be honest... I'm absolutely ok with it..
maybe I could try popping the Axe into a channel strip as an insert rather than a regular input..
that could be better than an aux in.. [still use the fader, channel mute / solo etc]

Back
Top Bottom