Recording using Axe III, seriously confused

violindave

Inspired
I want to send the output 2 left and right to my DAW and record it, with all the settings in the Axe, and recording it just the way it sounds live. [leaving my live setup of output 1 L/R going into my stereo Redsound MF10s, possibly micing those also or just leaving the speakers off for the recording so no bleed between instruments

I think there's a way to do this USB but it is really confusing.
1. In my DAW I don't seem to be able to select the Axe as a DAW input. I'm using win 10.
I'm using a Lynx Aurora [original] into Lynx AES 16 into Samplitude pro x6
That is my basic DAW setup and works no issues.

2. I have in the past as I recall gone from an AX8 into the aurora [straight in as I recall. But this is not USB recording and I seem to recall it was not that clean.
3. Should I just try the same thing with the Axe III into the Aurora?
4. I so have the USB cable connected to my computer from the Axe II which is how I control the Axe using Axe Edit. How I turn that into USB audio is beyond me

Can someone steer me right on this? I'm looking to do a bunch of recording this week with two instruments live and want to be able to go into the DAW straight from the AXE and have the other instrument go straight from her instrument into the DAW using a preamp.

Thanks!!!

ok I updated the USB drivers
My DAW does not recognize the USB. Fractal ASIO shows up but it crashes the DAW if selected
Even when selected the Fractal USB inputs and outputs do not show up under recording and playback devices

ok I updated the USB drivers
My DAW does not recognize the USB. Fractal ASIO shows up but it crashes the DAW if selected
Even when selected the Fractal USB inputs and outputs do not show up under recording and playback devices
That's odd. Never experienced that before. Probably time to contact support.

Back
Top Bottom