Recording Template Preset?

stm113

Power User
Does anyone have good recording presets they use as a template for recording they would like to share? Not concerned with settings as much a routings.

Thank you in advance.

Does anyone have good recording presets they use as a template for recording they would like to share? Not concerned with settings as much a routings.

Thank you in advance.
I generally just use DI guitar, post-cab output (dry amp), and stereo outs.

Best case, the stereo out goes straight to mix.

Next best case, dry amp track gets processed in DAW and/or re-effected in the Fractal.

Worst case, reamp....

I've copied my main presets and adjusted the outputs of scenes to same level and muted delay and reverb for example.
Every time I record 2 tracks - one with the normal preset signal (Reverb or Delay muted), one with RAW signal.
If the preset does not fit to the song later I do reamping with the RAW track.

Here is my recording rig from my Axe-Fx III. This won't load on your FM9, but maybe give you some ideas on routing. This was primarily created for live use, but I use it in the studio as well. I am two outputs shy of a full studio rig, but before I digress, let me walk you thru what is shown.

• All outputs are going into a digital mix board (in stereo) located in my rack with the Axe.
  • Out 1 is exclusively for monitoring and rarely used for recording: IEM's and FRFR, occasionally headphones. That's why the final GEQ block is there. I store the EQ corrections for each set of headphones I use on separate channels.
  • Out 2 provides a full rig recording. It also goes to FOH on occasion, especially if they want stereo and full reverb.
  • Out 3 gets rid of the "room" reverb. This is the one that usually gets knocked down to mono and actually goes to FOH. This is usually the one that I use the most inside the DAW.
  • Out 4 captures the amp channel before or after the Cab, thus the empty shunt downstream.
  • Not shown, is the dry channel. I split this off before the Axe and direct into the board.
  • The RTA and final PEQ is used to isolate and remove any frequencies that are buggin the shit out of me :) . It's too late for Out 4, but takes care of Outs 1-3.
Capture.JPG

I should have also mentioned that this is a template. I usually do a preset per song, so this usually gets slimmed down quite a bit on the Fx channel and/or pitch blocks.

This thread also reminded me that I needed to do some clean-up on aisle 4! Here it is with this morning's cleanup:

Capture.JPG

I also have an acoustic version. If that is of any interest to you, then I will go ahead and consume some more forum bandwidth.

I dont' even see code anymore. I just see: Reverb block, Delay, PEQ, Drive , Send, Return, 2 more signal paths., more blocks, few OUT blocks.... hahha dude, that's pretty elaborate signal chain!

matrix-operator-700x393.jpg

Thank you in advance.
What is a recording template? What types of features are you looking for?

Here is my recording rig from my Axe-Fx III. This won't load on your FM9, but maybe give you some ideas on routing. This was primarily created for live use, but I use it in the studio as well. I am two outputs shy of a full studio rig, but before I digress, let me walk you thru what is shown.

• All outputs are going into a digital mix board (in stereo) located in my rack with the Axe.
  • Out 1 is exclusively for monitoring and rarely used for recording: IEM's and FRFR, occasionally headphones. That's why the final GEQ block is there. I store the EQ corrections for each set of headphones I use on separate channels.
  • Out 2 provides a full rig recording. It also goes to FOH on occasion, especially if they want stereo and full reverb.
  • Out 3 gets rid of the "room" reverb. This is the one that usually gets knocked down to mono and actually goes to FOH. This is usually the one that I use the most inside the DAW.
  • Out 4 captures the amp channel before or after the Cab, thus the empty shunt downstream.
  • Not shown, is the dry channel. I split this off before the Axe and direct into the board.
  • The RTA and final PEQ is used to isolate and remove any frequencies that are buggin the shit out of me :) . It's too late for Out 4, but takes care of Outs 1-3.
Pretty impressive recording template. 84% cpu usage in a template :).

I dont' even see code anymore. I just see: Reverb block, Delay, PEQ, Drive , Send, Return, 2 more signal paths., more blocks, few OUT blocks.... hahha dude, that's pretty elaborate signal chain!

matrix-operator-700x393.jpg
Haha. Our drummer thinks I stole it from NASA. Lol

Pretty impressive recording template. 84% cpu usage in a template :).

It's anything and everything I ever use, except for the occasional Trem block. First thing I do when I start an actual preset is go in and delete a bunch of blocks and paths. I usually end up in the high 60's, but then I turn on Full Res and back to 80's we go.

The big thing is to capture the performance via the DI. You can always reamp as many times as you want once you have that.

Back
Top Bottom