Recording question

mittenscore

I received my Axe3 a little over a week ago and this is my first Fractal product. I'm not so much having a problem recording but I'm more curious if there is a better way of doing what I'm doing, or if this is just the way of things. I'm using the Axe3 as the interface for Pro Tools, and since I'm using the headphone jack on the unit, I know I don't need low latency monitoring on. My issue is that since I'm monitoring through the Axe3, is there any way to not get the phased slap back playback from Pro Tools aside from muting the track or selecting a different output on the track? Like I said, I know its not a problem really, but since I'm used to monitoring from destination and have a workflow I've been following for years, I'm just curious what the best way forward should be with this unit.

That shouldn’t be a problem. If you have monitoring turned off in PT, you won’t hear the guitar coming from the computer, only from the AxeFX. What audio are you hearing that is phased?

Thank you both! I should have mentioned that I’m using an older version of PT (11.x) and don’t think that option is explicitly available. It turns out I just did the opposite of what I was supposed to and should have just turned LLM on like I normally would (K.I.S.S!). This got rid of the two audio streams being audible at once. I also read you can unlink playback and record faders, but that’s extra clicks (bringing down record faders and unarming tracks for playback). I only mention that in case someone stumbles upon this and that is good for their workflow.

@GlennO the phased audio I was taking about was the direct feed inside of axe3 misaligned with feed from pt track. Since there was latency introduced by the daw, there was boosting and cutting of the time-shifted signal. Visually, it’s like the phase adjustment you can do in the cab block when you have misaligned envelopes.

Back
Top Bottom