Recording of my band

PhillAnselmo

Inspired
Hi,

we just finished a demo of our band and i want to share the results. The guitars and bass are recorded using an axe-fx std. Suggestions are welcome. I uploaded a version without vocals, since the vocals are in german :). So this is my first recording with the axe-fx so don't judge too hard.

Cheers
PhillAnselmo

sounds good Phill! Sounds like the vocals are way out front in comparison to the music, have you thought about adding a short stereo delay to the vocals, maybe around 250 milliseconds and rolling off the high frequencies to around 1000hz or so with no repeats? This will spread the vocals out then you can bring them down a little in the mix, on the chorus I would copy your original vocal track and paste to another track one or 2 times with same delay as main vox and then pan each a little different to set the chorus off from the verse and make it sound bigger (i much prefer using combinations of delays to give space rather than most reverbs...although a nice vocal plate usually works pretty good..) That is just my opinion and some "tricks" I have heard done in the past..but overall it sounds great, guitar tone is very nice!

Sounds good; but needs some mixing/mastering. boleary2 has some very good points, consider his suggestions. Good song, nicely played.

Back
Top Bottom