Recording newbie question

Chuk

Inspired
Very simple setup - I've connected my AxeFxIII to my Windows 10 PC via USB cable.
I'm recording a guitar track with Adobe Audition but I'm getting a crackling sound along with the recorded guitar.
The crackling sound is not present if there is no guitar input ie: the guitar is not playing.
I've used this method in the past (distant) to record snippets of original ideas and I've never experienced this before.
The recording level is not too high.
Any ideas what this might be?

Last edited:
Hi Chuck,

I agree with the good advice above - change the sampling rate to 48khz.
Here’s a link with how to do it I think (I don’t know adobe audition sorry)

Thanks
Pauly
Very simple setup - I've connected my AxeFxIII to my Windows 10 PC via USB cable.
I'm recording a guitar track with Adobe Audition but I'm getting a crackling sound along with the recorded guitar.
The crackling sound is not present if there is no guitar input ie: the guitar is not playing.
I've used this method in the past (distant) to record snippets of original ideas and I've never experienced this before.
The recording level is not too high.
Any ideas what this might be?

Mmmm. I'm not having much luck with ASIO on AxeFXIII.
Everything is set to 48000 (48k)
I have tried ALL the I/O buffer settings from 16 > 2048.
Still clicks/pops.
However the ASIO settings on my Line 6 HX Stomp work just fine. 48000/1024

Hi again Chuk...

Bummer! - When you create a new multitrack file, what is the sampling rate indicated?
If the sample rate indicated is not 48k, If you're a bit of a geek, and not scared of an XML file, you could make a copy of your setup file, rename it to .BAK or whatever as a backup, and then edit the sample rate in your setup file. Its here (apparently) "C:/Users/'Uesername'/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Audition/7.0/ApplicationSettings.xml"

Thanks
Pauly

Mmmm. I'm not having much luck with ASIO on AxeFXIII.
Everything is set to 48000 (48k)
I have tried ALL the I/O buffer settings from 16 > 2048.
Still clicks/pops.
However the ASIO settings on my Line 6 HX Stomp work just fine. 48000/1024

@Chuk you could also post a sample... there are a lot of topics regarding static interferences, lawn mowers, etc... that maybe are affecting the pickup's microphone.. maybe someone can recognise the problem

EDIT:
just to be sure... did you update the usb drivers to the latest release?
and are you connecting directly or trough a hub?

@Chuk you could also post a sample... there are a lot of topics regarding static interferences, lawn mowers, etc... that maybe are affecting the pickup's microphone.. maybe someone can recognise the problem

EDIT:
just to be sure... did you update the usb drivers to the latest release?
and are you connecting directly or trough a hub?
I'm using current drivers and connecting directly to PC not through a hub.
I'm not getting this crackle when connecting via HX Stomp so it's not external 'interference'.

Back
Top Bottom