Recording Bass

ksmithdc

Inspired
All,

I'm a newbie with recording. And I wanted to ask what other people are doing to lay down bass tracks. I'm using Reaper for my DAW. And I wanted to better understand what to do about the bass lines. One option is to go out and buy a bass guitar and get some kind of interface and/or some kind of DI box for recording to my computer. Another option is to buy bass software like Propellerhead's Reason Bass Refill Collection (sampled sounds), and I guess stepload the bass lines, using the DAW to trigger the sampled sounds. (That option seems arderous).

I was looking for bass grooves & patterns that I could loop. But I really don't know what to do at this point. Just looking out for some direction. Please give me a push in the right direction.

Thanks,

Kevin

Well you can rule out the interface/ DI option for bass since you have the Axe. It is known here for others to accomplish some really good bass tones with the Axe in recordings. I have very little experience as of yet dialing bass tones with it but others here can attest. I hope they'll chime in for ya.

Depends on your goals. If you're just goofing around and want to hear roughly what a tune might sound like with a bass line, you could just use a guitar and pitch shifter. If you are serious about a nice, pro sounding bass track, I think actually playing a bass with some nice big meaty strings is the way to go

Back
Top Bottom