Recommended Power Amp

MMFB

All,
I apologize if this has been asked before. But, I used the search function to no avail.
What power amp(s) are recommended for use with the Axe-Fx II. I will be gigging with it. It will be rack mounted. Other than that I don't know. Are there power amps that play better with the Axe-FX II than others?
Thanks!

You will find a lot of support here for Matrix Amplification; lightweight but powerful, clean and responsive SS amps that goes well with the AXFX. (Disclaimer, I own a GT1000FX.) I'm sure lots of different amps could work, even powered FRFR monitors.

Which power amp should be based on the speakers being driven by the amp, not the audio source (Axe).
The Matrix is popular because it's rack-mountable and doesn't weigh 4,000 lbs.
Technically, you should be able to use ANY power amp [tube or solid-state] with the Axe, or none at all. That depends on your audio path and how you monitor.
You can also use powered monitors, with FRFR giving you the better results.

If you can let us know the speakers you intend to use (size, power ratings in watts and impedance) we can give a better answer.

Which power amp should be based on the speakers being driven by the amp, not the audio source (Axe).
The Matrix is popular because it's rack-mountable and doesn't weigh 4,000 lbs.
Technically, you should be able to use ANY power amp [tube or solid-state] with the Axe, or none at all. That depends on your audio path and how you monitor.
You can also use powered monitors, with FRFR giving you the better results.

If you can let us know the speakers you intend to use (size, power ratings in watts and impedance) we can give a better answer.
Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about. I've always either had a combo amp or a 4x12 with a head. Not ever really gave it more thought than that. Go to a gig, have the sound guy mic it for the PA. Go to band practice, crank it. Practice at home, keep it low. Initially it will be used with my 4x12 cabinet that has V30's in it.

Back
Top Bottom