Recommended pedalboards for the Axe FX III?

Jono Bacon

Inspired
Hi, all,

I want to get a pedalboard for my Axe FX, primarily designed for switching between patches and scenes within those patches. With the greatest of respect to FAS, and while I respect their engineering, I am not dropping $500+ on a pedalboard.

As such, do you fine people have recommendations for a pedalboard this preferably has these attributes?:

* Well built, but relatively cheap (ideally less than $250).
* Focused on switching between presets and scenes. I don't need an expression pedal - I already have an EV-1.
* As simple as possible to set up. MIDI programming is something I haven't really done much of.
* Would be great if it has an LED screen with the patch number, but not a critical requirement.

Thoughts and recommendations that are not "save your money and buy a FAS pedalboard when they come out"? :)

I just got a Yamah MFC10 and am enjoying it a lot. I found it easy to setup for scenes and preset changes. The new Nektar board looks amazing but It is still not out yet here... I found a deal on the Yamaha so went with it.

I think you missed something...

You say “missed”, I say ignored. It will be the best controller for the Axe3 and it will allow you to take advantage of all of its features. . Anything else is going to be a second-rate stop gap that leaves features on the Axe3 you paid good money for un-utilized. I don’t know about you but the idea of spending money on a stopgap controller just to get by and then selling it at a loss so I can buy a proprietary controller that will allow me to finally use all of the Axe3’s features, or buying a more expensive and robust controller that I plan to pair with the Axe3 for the life of the unit and still not be able to take advantage of new features like layouts and what have you has very little appeal to me. Anything else is just rationalizing a (to put it charitably) less than ideal situation.

You say “missed”, I say ignored. It will be the best controller for the Axe3 and it will allow you to take advantage of all of its features. . Anything else is going to be a second-rate stop gap that leaves features on the Axe3 you paid good money for un-utilized. I don’t know about you but the idea of spending money on a stopgap controller just to get by and then selling it at a loss so I can buy a proprietary controller that will allow me to finally use all of the Axe3’s features, or buying a more expensive and robust controller that I plan to pair with the Axe3 for the life of the unit and still not be able to take advantage of new features like layouts and what have you has very little appeal to me. Anything else is just rationalizing a (to put it charitably) less than ideal situation.
Did you even read his post? He isn't asking for a stop gap controller, but for a less expensive one that does what he needs.

I think you are asserting your desires onto someone else. Not everyone has your needs.

Hi, all,

I want to get a pedalboard for my Axe FX, primarily designed for switching between patches and scenes within those patches. With the greatest of respect to FAS, and while I respect their engineering, I am not dropping $500+ on a pedalboard.

As such, do you fine people have recommendations for a pedalboard this preferably has these attributes?:

* Well built, but relatively cheap (ideally less than $250).
* Focused on switching between presets and scenes. I don't need an expression pedal - I already have an EV-1.
* As simple as possible to set up. MIDI programming is something I haven't really done much of.
* Would be great if it has an LED screen with the patch number, but not a critical requirement.

Thoughts and recommendations that are not "save your money and buy a FAS pedalboard when they come out"? :)

A while back ago I had Damage Control custom build me a small 8 switch box that allowed me to switch between scenes on my FX8...it even had an expression pedal jack. I use it for changing scenes on my main preset on the Axe3 until the FC comes out. It cost me $200. If you really want that basic of a controller to use with the Axe3 they can probably build something similar with a preset up/down button for $250 give or take. Otherwise any basic midi controller will do what you need for $300 or less.

I do not play out anymore, but I did mention this in another thread. for you guys that play out wouldn't you want (really must have) a back up controller of some kind? So many inexpensive choices that work well already mentioned. I mean at least you can gig and if something happen to your ("FC-??) you could finish the show.

Just sayin............

Back
Top Bottom