Recommendations for Mic stands (tripod boom style)

Sixstring

Legend!
I need to pick up a few and haven't looked at them in quite a few years. OnStage used to be my go to but now I'm not so sure. What are the most durable ones on the market that don't cost a fortune that you can buy parts for if needed?

I have glanced at K&M, Hercules and Gator @ $150+ seems a little steep and just wondering if that's the norm or if I missed any.

K&M guy here, too. They are great. If you need REALLY heavy and lots of choices, Triad Orbit should be at the top of your list.

I used to get the cheap OnStage stands. I found they were flimsy, they'd tip over just due to the weight of a microphone, and threads would strip out after about three years. I went with K&M when it was time to upgrade. That was bout 15 years ago. I've had no problems with K&M.

I bought a pair of K&M's, really nice well built mic stands!. Probably going to buy a few more just to have around for events.

In my experience Tama mic stands have outlasted any K&M stands I have ever owned.

More expensive but for my money, as a recording studio owner, Latch Lake. All day. There are a lot of good, sturdy and dependable mic stands. But these I know.

Been happy with my Atlas stands. Also not cheap at around 500 each, but they aren't going anywhere, hold anything securely, and will outlast me.

Hercules MS401B Transformer Tilt Base Microphone Stand - Heavy duty and heavy. The tripod legs fold together and then up against the riser pole. About $95.
I added an Atlas Sound PB15EB boom with a counterweight. About $70.

I don't recommend the low end K&M stands (I bought four), the riser pole keeps dropping to the floor and the boom sags. And a little wind will blow them over. I switched to the Hercules and Atlas combo and have had no issues since.

Hercules MS401B Transformer Tilt Base Microphone Stand - Heavy duty and heavy. The tripod legs fold together and then up against the riser pole. About $95.
I added an Atlas Sound PB15EB boom with a counterweight. About $70.

I don't recommend the low end K&M stands (I bought four), the riser pole keeps dropping to the floor and the boom sags. And a little wind will blow them over. I switched to the Hercules and Atlas combo and have had no issues since.
These are pretty cool! I like the grab and squeeze style clutch but I need a boom style to mic up pino or for sitting at a keyboard.

These are pretty cool! I like the grab and squeeze style clutch but I need a boom style to mic up pino or for sitting at a keyboard.
I have a boom arm attached to mine (Atlas Sound PB15EB boom with counterweight.) I use it sitting while playing guitar during livestreams and standing during live gigs. The long boom arm should work for piano or playing keyboards, I would think.

Back
Top Bottom