Recommendation an electric guitar string brand for recording a Prog/Metal Album ?

Do you change the strings one at a time? Do you stretch every string a little when you change it? Is your bridge well setup?
I change them in chunks of 3, in order to gain better access to the fretboard for cleaning. Bridge setup is perfect; stretching every time when changing strings.

The Floyd Rose stays perfectly in tune once tuned. That's not the problem. But actually getting it in tune takes ages. At least if you're as sensitive for pitch as me.

If you care about your bridge staying in tune, you should change one string at a time.

If you want to change multiple (or all) strings at once, you need to use some tricks to block the bridge. But that will cost you another 5 minutes :)

Hey fellers, I'm looking for an string which have a good consistency during the recording in terms of clarity, tone, buttery touch under fingers ;), I want to have your recommendation about this strings brands or any other brands, if you had a good experience which I mentioned bellow , which one of them you prefer for recording a whole prog/metal album.

1- Ernieball, M-Steel.
2- GHS, Big Core Nickel Rockers or Coated Boomers.
3- DR, K3 Black Beauties Coated, Red Devils, Cool Blue, Silver Stars, or Drop Down Tuning.
4- Clear Tone, Heavy Set.
5- Elixir, Anti-Rust Nanoweb Coated.

Kindest regards;

Doesn't matter. People who listen to your album (assuming you manage to find any who would be willing) won't be able to tell what strings you were using.

Back
Top Bottom