Recommend Studio Monitors

McG03

Hoping you guys can recommend some studio monitors, I'm hoping to stay under $500 if I can. It seems like the JBL 305s are pretty popular in the lower end, what does everyone like in the middle range? These would primarily be used with the FM3, maybe some light use with Logic playback. Thanks all!

How critical is the wattage on the PowerAmp? 50W seems like a lot for monitors, is the difference significant between that and the 70W models?

Depends on how they split the power up between woofer and tweeter. I suspect most 70W models use 50W to the woofer and 20W for the tweeter. Better to have some room to spare on the input gain than to be pushing monitors to the max.

Room size? Unthreated? Distance from the wall?
14 x 10. I'm not sure what unthreated means? Untreated? Does that mean any acoustic dampening?

Distance from the wall for the monitors might be 1 foot depending on where I put them on my desk

I own JBL LS308s and 5s, 1st version. Both a great bang for the buck. Great for listening to music on my PC. I haven't used my AXE3 through them due to having 2 ASM12s, but amp VSTs sound great through them. I'm sure there are better option, but for more $$$.

14 x 10. I'm not sure what unthreated means? Untreated? Does that mean any acoustic dampening?

Distance from the wall for the monitors might be 1 foot depending on where I put them on my desk
Sorry 14x10 which unit of measure? Yes for unthreated i mean any acoustic dampening.. 1 foot is close to the wall.. In general if the room is small, short distance from the wall and no threatment take a look to the ik multimedia iloud micro monitors.. Fantastic for the price very small but look at its caractheristics.

Sorry 14x10 which unit of measure? Yes for unthreated i mean any acoustic dampening.. 1 foot is close to the wall.. In general if the room is small, short distance from the wall and no threatment take a look to the ik multimedia iloud micro monitors.. Fantastic for the price very small but look at its caractheristics.
14x10 feet, no acoustic dampening other than carpet on the floor. I'll take a look at the small monitors, makes sense on the small room.

I recently got the hs8 (a bit higher in price) and i love them.

I would think the adam tv 5/7 or yamaha hs 5/7 would do great

If i'm putting these on a computer desk and sitting pretty close, they would be setup like a pair of computer speakers, am I better off going with something like the ik multimedia. I could make the space for something bigger but given how close I'd sit would I blow myself away with these 6inch woofers?

You ll never be able to make the most of something bigger than 3 inches with your room/studio characteristics.. For the price in my opinion ik are the best..alternative eve audio sc203 or genelec but both higher price.

Back
Top Bottom