Reccomend an External switch with an indicator light?

Momentary may very well work the same way with the AX8, though. I have a Mission SP-25M-Pro Aero expression pedal with a momentary toe switch that acts like a latching switch when I engage it, even though I have set to momentary in the I/O screen.

I use a Boss FS-6 dual footswitch. It has indicator lights, and can be selected to function as latching or momentary. I have had them for years. I have 2. Excellent footswitch, very sturdy, and after years of use, no issues. I use them to control the X/Y amp function and to control the boost (null filter block) since I use these functions the most. I set them on the floor next to my AX8. Easy to step on to change functions. I use the filter boost the most (for the all-important guitar solo) and occasionally for fills. With the LEDs a quick glance tells me the on or off state.

Question for Geezerjohn,
Does the FS-6 use batteries for the LED's / Power indicator?
Do tell!

Yes it does. 9v. Now, you know the rest of the story.;)

I use that also...I do have an ext adapter also, you know the kind that connects to + & - of the battery connector) But the batteries last pretty long by themselves. I actually have a collection of the boss latching and unlatched pedals. Why? I really don't know. Maybe backups that I have never needed............... :)

Just curious, is the point of this instead of the Boss pedals (which I have used for years without issue) about real estate? I am guessing it is. They do look cool with the barefoot buttons...

Yes, that is the point. Also, mobility. Also, it's was an exercise in over-complication for me personally! ;)

I'm not trying to mount the AX8 to another pedal board, I'm trying to use it as my only pedalboard. I bought the "with LED" version b/c it could see use in other pedalboard situations, but with the AX8 I will probably most often use it periodically as a +2-3db boost without running power to it.

Thanks for your support, guys! Glad to hear the Mandate is working well for you, drubarlow!

We're always looking for honest feedback, so anyone can feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements.

Perfect! Exactly what I needed. I have it set to engage a filter block with a 3.5 db bump for leads. It does not take a battery however I had an extra AC supply so I run that into the footswitch and the LED works well. Very bright for what it is. I would certainly recommend the switch.

How is this little footswitch been working for you? Is there space to fit a battery to make the LED work?
There's not enough space inside the switch for a battery, however Voodoo Lab and others make a 9V battery snap adapter for external battery use. They're just a few bucks. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Back
Top Bottom