Rec in Logic, ext cab

Hi guys!

I want to try to record my Axe FX II with the USB into Logic Pro X and have the Cab sim in Logic, not in Axe FX. Just as u would when recording into a regular Audio interface and having the amp sims and all in Logic, but I want to use the amp sim in Logic and not use an extra audio interface.
Problem is that I can't find a way to only hear the signal once it has passed the cab sim in Logic. I'm still hearing the signal that only has the amp sim, no cab.

How do I set it up properly? if possible.

Thanks!

Not sure I understand you correctly. What do you want to use as your amp sim? What do you want to use as your cab sim? I'm guessing your Axe-Fx is just a USB interface and not an amp or cab sim?

Sry man. I want to use the amp only Axe fx and cab in logic.

Ok thanks. I use Logic, as well, but I don't know what sim you're using in Logic. Space Designer? Amp Designer? 3rd party amp/cab sim?
You should be able to load any of those plugins into the track your Axe-Fx is coming into and turn off the amp sim. If you're loading an IR into Space Designer, you'll need to turn the dry level down/off and the reverb/wet level up.

Sry man. I want to use the amp only Axe fx and cab in logic.
i dont really understand what you want to do.

do you want to use the axefx as an audio card and use Logic to use his amps y IR loader?
or do you want to use the the amps on the axefx and use an IR loader in Logic?

Just put an FX loop block at the end of your patch but make sure it is one block away from the output block and not connected with a shunt. Then arm your track in logic and load your cab sim to the track in logic and enable monitoring. I use Reaper but it should work pretty much the same in ant DAW.

Just put an FX loop block at the end of your patch but make sure it is one block away from the output block and not connected with a shunt. Then arm your track in logic and load your cab sim to the track in logic and enable monitoring. I use Reaper but it should work pretty much the same in ant DAW.

Thanks, I’ll try that and come back! Cheers

Back
Top Bottom