Rearranging user cabs

Sturla

Inspired
Stupid question time: If I move the user cabs around and change which cab is in which position, will I mess with my presets?

Do the presets link to the cab number, or the cab file regardless of slot placement?

Obviously I’d soon discover the answer, but sometimes it’s nice to know beforehand :)

Stupid question time: If I move the user cabs around and change which cab is in which position, will I mess with my presets?

Do the presets link to the cab number, or the cab file regardless of slot placement?

Obviously I’d soon discover the answer, but sometimes it’s nice to know beforehand :)

Cab number

Yes your presets will be changed. The preset will not automatically "follow" the cab IR.

I've been thinking of doing some cab rearranging too; putting the ones I usually use together in some kind of meaningful arrangement to quickly find the most likely cabs to try on a new song (preset), or to change on an existing song. But if the presets link to cab number instead of cab file, then rearranging may not be a good idea.

Yeah - My cab inventory is completely messed up, but I really want to clean up - I can't because I have too many presets relying on this, and I have no idea, which cabs are used in which presets

I do think, Fractool has a tool for linking these though.

I wish there was a system function to empty any IR slots that were not in use by a preset.

Then for the remaining IR's that are being used in presets; move them all "up" until there are no empty slots between and fix all the presets to the new IR slot numbers.

A "Remove and sort usings" kind of thing for those that write software in Microsoft Visual Studio.

Back
Top Bottom