Reaper, Axe Fx, and asio configuration Help please

Edrod

Power User
Hello guys,

I posted this in the Reaper forums.

I've been having an issue that I don't remember ever having. I really haven't been using my Axiom 25 keyboard. Yesterday I wanted to add some quick piano notes to a song I've been working on via VST. There was a small lag between the keyboard and the audio. I said, what the heck, maybe it'll go away if I record. One I recorded, the lag was more significant. To the point that it was hard to record real time. I basically have to click the notes in.

In order to troubleshoot, I tried with different vst plugins including Superior Drummer.

I've also tried uninstalling both drivers on Device manage - Audio.controllers/XMOS 2.0 USb... (axe fx) with similar resutls

My last option upon doing some research was messing with the latency option on ASIO Configuration on the preferences page. There's where my biggest problem occurs. Every time I click on it I get the following messages

XMOS USB Audio LT
-Failed to open application ......

Follow by the second window

XMOS USB Audio LT
-The driver DLL required to access.....

I'm running Reaper 64 bit
Windows 7
Using Axe FX II as a soundcard
- FAS USB Audio ASIO Driver
- Axe FX II ASIO Driver does not work for some reason

Any help would be appreciated as this has been an issue I have not been able to solve for the past 3 days.

Direct link the cockos forum

ASIO configuration issue, can't open at all, Axiom keyboard lag - Cockos Confederated Forums

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 27
Try disconnecting the devices, uninstalling the driver packages, and rebooting the PC a couple of times in a row. That should make it let go of the driver assignment. Once it's all cleared out, redownload the latest drivers and install them.

Back
Top Bottom