Reamping with SPDIF (RME UCX)

Hey guys im trying to use my axe fx 3 as basically a hardware that talks to my RME UCX (audio interface) without using aggregate devices inside Cubase.
I would like to reamp using my RME and spdif and was wondering what the routing is to do this.
I usually use aggregate devices to reamp and send my DI (Inside cubase) to OUTPUT 5, and then make a new track and arm it as INPUT 1 however this requires I use 48khz and aggregate devices which im trying to avoid ide rather just have my main audio interface as the RME (in 441khz).

Do I need to set Axe Edit III Input 1 to digital?
I've connected SPDIF out of the axe fx to SPDIF In on the RME and SPDIF in on the axe fx to SPDIF out on the RME (2 spdif cables)

are there any youtube tutorials or manuals on this?

What im currently doing is this;

Thanks

Are you sure your UCX is capable of resampling spdif input on the fly from 48 to 44.1? If so, you can use configuration #5 in the recording guide. That has complete instructions on routing and how to record and reamp with that setup.

However, it would be much simpler to use 48 as your project sample rate in Cubase and use an aggregate.

P.S. Haven’t you asked this same question several times before? It doesn’t matter how many times you ask, the answer will always be the same :)

The last time you asked, you wanted to know if you could use your 44.1 samples in a 48 project. The answer is still yes, and it will still be yes the next time you ask :).

Last edited:
I want to basically use Axe FX as just a hardware talking to my audio interface (RME UCX). I prefer to work in 44.1khz. Im not sure if UCX is capable of resampling SPDIF input on the fly from 48 to 44.1, i gather from this that spdif by default it 48khz.

the problem i find with 48hz is that things like spotify and other apps start playing back audio funny like higher pitch and faster tempo etc...

Yes, you’ll have to set your UCX to 48 KHz if you want to do that. So, you’ll be better off if you use configuration #4 instead of configuration #5. There are reasons why someone would want to use configuration #5, but this isn’t one of them.

You can use your AxeFX as the MacOS default audio output device, running at 48 KHz. That’s a common way to work, and apps like Spotify will work fine. Follow the instructions for configuration #1 or #2 in the recording guide.

Back
Top Bottom