Reamping with iOS? Phone or iPad

TravisG406

Power User
I was thinking for sound check when playing bass and running sound it would be awesome to have a recorded DI clip on my phone or iPad of me playing bass to reamp when setting levels. I recorded a DI track and exported as a .WAV and transferred to my phone. I set AxeFx III input 1 to digital and connected the phone with the USB adapter. It only plays the DI track and doesn’t reamp. Is this possible from a phone or iPad?

You need to send the ios output to usb channels 5/6 or 7/8, but I'm not aware of any way to do that. Otherwise, you'd have to do something like: take a patch cable and patch Axe-FX out1 into Input 2. Then use an Input 2 block and Output 2 block in your preset to take input from input 2 and send the grid output to output 2.

You need to send the ios output to usb channels 5/6 or 7/8, but I'm not aware of any way to do that. Otherwise, you'd have to do something like: take a patch cable and patch Axe-FX out1 into Input 2. Then use an Input 2 block and Output 2 block in your preset to take input from input 2 and send the grid output to output 2.
That works great!!

I’m pretty sure you can use AUM to redirect output to the USB channels. On the FM3 re-amping is done on USB channels 3/4 and those show up as hardware output for AUM on my iPad.

Back
Top Bottom