Reamping USB vs Analogue

sprint

Axe-Master
Hello:

Re-amping Newbie here:

I've been tinkering with reamping lately with both Analogue (using Radial X-AMP reaper box) and Digital USB Routing. Both methods are working very well. Not being very well versed in the details of Audio, I see that, for the analogue routing, the X-Amp box I'm using creates a nice "instrument level" signal that goes back into the Axe. At least I assume that what that box is doing (without using that box, taking the 1/4" signal directly from the output of my sound interface, I don't get as good quality dry signal). Is the AxeFx doing the same thing to the incoming DAW dry signal with USB, as my X-AMP? It seams to be as I'm getting a good quality dry signal into the Axe which is very similar, if not the same as what my guitar output would naturally be, but I'm curious as to what makes the USB method work (probably my technical ignorance but just wondering). From a usage standpoint: I like the control I can get with the analogue method (I can adjust levels all along the routing) but I don't like needing additional outboard gear (X-AmP) and more cabling. With USB, I like the simplicity of cabling but I can see I don't have quite as much control over the tone (can't adjust levels in my sound interface) - though such control does not seem to be needed really so I may ditch my X-AMP.

Back
Top Bottom