Reamping over unprocessed backing track

edo

Power User
Vendor
I'm experimenting with reamping, and it would be cool if I could hear the dry guitar going through the fx and the backing track unprocessed. Is there a way to do it?

Not in stereo with Axe-FX USB as only interface.

It's possible to route a mono backing through unprocessed, similar to using 2 guitars as L/R input.

To hear the backing in stereo you'd have to reamp using another interface or aggregate setup.

I see. And what would the scenario be if I used a second interface (motu 828mk2)?

Not sure if this helps. I have focusrite 8i8 as second interface.

computer (usb) > axe-fx (spdif or output L R) > focusrite > speaker...this for reamp, and computer (stereo out) > focusrite > speaker for the backing track.

Not sure if this helps. I have focusrite 8i8 as second interface.

computer (usb) > axe-fx (spdif or output L R) > focusrite > speaker...this for reamp, and computer (stereo out) > focusrite > speaker for the backing track.
This intrigues me... can you give a little more information on how you do this? I have an 18i8, I really want to be able to hear the mix while reamping especially if I want to say reamp and additional track to blend in on my main tone i.e. using say a Dual Rectifier and blend in a little JCM800 for flavor.

Back
Top Bottom