Reamping only reamps effects?

I wrote that and I have no idea where it came from. I will do some tests and make any necessary changes to the documentation.
Thanks @Admin M@ ! It would be fantastic if you could please add in the steps for using 'IN USB' too! :)
We typed/replied at the same time...what are the chances?!

Yeh before I started to DI and reamp a bunch of tunes I wanted to check.
I was a bit paranoid about the Reamp track gain if I lowered (or raised) the DI track level.. lol... :)
Man, I spent so much time browsing the forum and youtube trying to find the answer or reason why...lol...

Last edited:
Like mr fender says, that’s an error in the manual. I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to say +6.0 dB. That would be the case if you recorded a mono DI track. If you record a stereo DI track and send both channels when re-amping, no level adjustment is necessary.
I'm wondering if you're right if it has to do with whether your DI track is stereo or mono. Maybe the -6.0 dB is for stereo DIs because it expects mono (like the signal from a guitar)? Guess we'll find out soon enough!

I wrote that and I have no idea where it came from. I will do some tests and make any necessary changes to the documentation.
Thanks so much!

Thanks @Admin M@ ! It would be fantastic if you could please add in the steps for using 'IN USB' too! :)
We typed/replied at the same time...what are the chances?!

Yeh before I started to DI and reamp a bunch of tunes I wanted to check.
I was a bit paranoid about the Reamp track gain if I lowered (or raised) the DI track level.. lol... :)
Man, I spent so much time browsing the forum and youtube trying to find the answer or reason why...lol...

There's no need to use the In USB block. In fact that's not a good idea since it means you have to edit presets before they can be used for re-amping.

I'm wondering if you're right if it has to do with whether your DI track is stereo or mono. Maybe the -6.0 dB is for stereo DIs because it expects mono (like the signal from a guitar)? Guess we'll find out soon enough!
If you're working in mono, it should be +6 because almost all presets expect the stereo (dual mono) input you get into the grid when plugging a guitar into Input 1.

If you're working in stereo, no adjustment is necessary.

So, it's simplest to record a stereo DI and send it to two channels when re-amping.

The +6 dB is only needed if your amp or drive block input select is set to L+R and you're feeding only one input channel with a mono DI. The +6 dB compensates for the missing channel. I tend to record a mono DI but I send it back to both input channels via USB Out 5&6 out of habit, but like GlennO said recording and reamping with a stereo DI is the simplest solution. It just takes up a bit more space on the DAW since both DI channels are identical.

The +6 dB is only needed if your amp or drive block input select is set to L+R and you're feeding only one input channel with a mono DI. The +6 dB compensates for the missing channel. I tend to record a mono DI but I send it back to both input channels via USB Out 5&6 out of habit, but like GlennO said recording and reamping with a stereo DI is the simplest solution. It just takes up a bit more space on the DAW since both DI channels are identical.
OK thanks, I see what you mean.

I planned to send my mono DI to USB Out 7 and add the 'In USB' block to my preset/s.
Yeh I know, the block has to be added to every preset, but I'm recording, only using a few presets, and with the usual setting up and stops/starts it's not a hassle.
I think FAS added that block to make all this easier(?) - gain levels, stereo/mono, analog/digital input etc?
But it's not in the manual yet.
And using it means no need to go into Setup and switch from Analog to Digital input each time.
Anyway, will see how it goes, thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom