Reamping. Logic usb workflow

svaha1728

I followed Bernd Kiltz's reamping tutorial for Logic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_jCa673Tb8

I am using the AxeFx II XL as an audio device in Logic.

Recording-wise it works perfect. My recorded levels are great, no clipping, drops, pops.

My problem is that when I play guitar along with Logic, not recording or tracking, the output of the guitar overpowers everything else. I can set my meters deep red, and my guitar will still overpower it. I have software monitoring disabled, and I even have this problem if I don't have an audio track set up to record in Logic. Literally, just start a new project - add EzDrummer, don't even set up AxeFx as an input device in Logic... my guitar will still drown EzDrummer out.

Is there any way to send Logic's audio output to Output 2?

For now my workaround is to go to Global->Out 1-> and set the gain to -7 or more. This gets the guitar output and logic's output to be about the same level. I find it interesting that this gain does change the guitar output, but does not attenuate Logic's output at all. I can't find any way to adjust Logic's playback level through the AxeFx.

Is this the best way to do it? Does any one else have this issue?

Last edited:
I mainly crank the main output volume in logic and pull back a bit on my patch's volume in the Axe. This will also help in getting the metronome loud enough for you to not be able to ignore it :)

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wish Cliff would allow us to do reamping in-the-mix by adding a second USB output though :)

Back
Top Bottom