Reamping Kemper using the Axe Fx II within Cubase 7

drawn

hey guys!

I know this is kind of blasphemous but I`ve got a Kemper from a friend and I`d like to do a reamping session.

Until now I always used the Axe Fx as the interface for Cubase 7. Reamping using the USB connection is really easy and gives good results.
The question I have is: Can I use the Axe Fx as an interface in Cubase to reamp a DI signal through the Kemper?
Theoretically it should work: Select the Axe Fx as the interface for Cubase and do the routing within Cubase, right? But I can`t get it to work haha I don`t care much about the signal way (spdif is fine, analog jack cables are also fine) as long as it works. :)

Is there anyone who can give me some explanation about this or point me to a step by step guide for this EXACT purpose? I`ve tried hours and hours, read through the internet, tried all kinds of things but wasn`t successful. ANY help would be much appreciated!

On the other side, if it`s NOT possible to do it with the axe because of, let`s say, not enough inputs/outputs or whatever reason, would you please recommend me a low priced interface to make this process fast and easy? :)
I have a Line6 UX1 lying around but I think it`s not possible to do it with the UX1....

Again, ANY help would be much appreciated! :) Thanks in advance!

-drawn

What about running the kemper in the effects loop of the axe? I have no idea if it would work because I have no idea what the connections with the kemper are like.

Oh, this is a brilliant idea...! :) I`ll try this tomorrow and will report if it worked or not...
Thanks for the super fast reply!

Back
Top Bottom