reamping in reaper

Indigo

i'm using this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LnhDc7Btic for reamping and trying to apply it to reaper. i was hoping someone could maybe share what they do as far as reamping goes in reaper?
at around 4:25.. the second track he adds the input is set to 3. i only get options of 1/2 2/3 3/4 etc.. which i think is where i'm going wrong?
'

What do you have in your driver settings in Reaper as default driver? Axe something? Is your Axe FX connected to your PC or Laptop via USB?

I firstly add a track, set input to 1 (mono) for the preset sound and another track with input to 3 (mono, clean signal for reamping), arm both and record. For reamping I put the track recorded with input 3 to solo (disarm all tracks) and open a new track which I arm again. Than on the Axe go to I/O and select USB as input (not analog 1). Record the new track (reamp) and don't forget to put the I/O on the Axe on Analog 1 (or input that you normally use) to hear the whole song again.

I don't know if that's the answer you're looking for, since I don't have the tone here where I am and didn't watch the video.

thanks for the reply. yes usb. Audio System: ASIO Asio Driver: Axe Fx 2 Enable Inputs is checked.. not sure what to have as first and last and "output range" if this has any effect on it under device in preferences..

I think your audio system has to be "Axe...(something)" and not the Asio. Do you have it at all as option? If not, you'll have to download the newest driver for the Axe.

:) No, not the Asio. There has to be "Axe FX" audio device instead of it. Do you have it? If yes, select "Axe FX". If there isn't any, than download and install the latest driver from the Fractal Audio to your computer. You can use Reaper with Axe only if you have the Axe driver selected in Reaper.

right, i can also do this. but i don't think that will solve my issue

I firstly add a track, set input to 1 (mono) for the preset sound and another track with input to 3 (mono, clean signal for reamping), arm both and record. For reamping I put the track recorded with input 3 to solo (disarm all tracks) and open a new track which I arm again. Than on the Axe go to I/O and select USB as input (not analog 1). Record the new track (reamp) and don't forget to put the I/O on the Axe on Analog 1 (or input that you normally use) to hear the whole song again.

i think my issue is i can't select input 3? it keeps giving me 3/4 4/5 5/6 etc. unless changing the device will work.

I haven't used Reaper in a long time, but it sounds like you are selecting a stereo input (ie: 3/4). This should still work for reamping purposes, but if you only want to record one channel (input 3), right-click the track I believe and select "mono input" as opposed to "stereo input".

i think my issue is i can't select input 3? it keeps giving me 3/4 4/5 5/6 etc. unless changing the device will work.

There should be a separate list of mono inputs in the same window/menu. If there isn't, post a screenshot of what you're seeing if possible.

right, i can also do this. but i don't think that will solve my issue

that's right, change the device first and then you'll have apropriate inputs. These inputs are for the Asio.

Back
Top Bottom