Reamping and input trim question

efx

Inspired
Hey everyone,

I did a search for things pertaining to my issue but nothing came up so here goes.

When I reamp I do it through the USB and it generally sounds ok. But I'm noticing, especially on clean patches that the sound is incredibly overdriven compared to how it would sound if I would just play the same patch with my guitar using the front input. On clean patches I basically have to put the input trim down towards the very low end to have anything remotely non-overdriven come through the speakers. It's also adding some subtle extra things to overdriven sounds though it's harder to tell the difference with thouse.

I'm not ruling out user-error here so any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you looked at Bernd Kiltz's videos on reaping on G66's website? Check that your I/O settings in your DAW are correct to start and work from there.

Axe-FX II Tutorial (en): Reamping - YouTube

I would turn your out put on your Axe Fx up to see if its actually your preset that is not as clean as your think it is.

Hope this helps

I'm at work atm but thinking about the meters in my DAW yesterday I saw nothing that clips even remotely. I'll try and post a clip tonight using the same patch recorded from the front and also reamped through the usb port.

Thanks for teh reply :)

Maybe you're sending your DI track to both AxeFX inputs 1 and 2, and the amp/drive blocks inputs are set to SUM L+R, resulting in double input ?

Back
Top Bottom