Really weird MIDI issues when preset is changed

Oddacious

Setup is axe fx3mkii with a midi-out cabled into a powercab212 midi-in. When a preset is changed on the axefx3 to the next higher number preset, it sends a PC +1 message to the powercab212, and when the axefx3 preset is changed to the next lower number preset, it sends a PC -1 command to the powercab.

As an example, if fx3 preset is 0, the powercab switches to the first preset, where its PC# is 0. When the fx3 preset is 1, the powercab switches to the second preset PC#2. On fx3 preset 127, the powercab212 preset goes back to 0, and starts going up incrementally by 1 when the fx3 preset goes up incrementally by 1 from 126, and this pattern persists through all 1024 presets.

These presets do not have a midi block added to them, which also makes this even more weird. I haven't found anything in the manual or the wiki that can explain this.

I have tried this with only the fx3 plugged into the powercab212 via a MIDI cable, (fx3 out to powercab in) and still the same results.

general midi
midi channel 1
program change off
ignore redundant PC off
send midi PC 9
PC mapping on (issue exists even when this is off)

What am I missing, what is going on?

I guess I do not follow. There is "Send MIDI PC" which is set to Channel 9, the channel that my powercab MIDI is set to.

Ah, ok. I think I get it now, thanks. For some reason I thought that midi setting was a global setting for devices attached to the ax3. I see the error in my ways.

So yeah, dumb thing on my part. Thanks for guiding me in the right direction. For anyone else that might have this dumb moment, the midi channel for sending command are set explicitly in the MIDI block.

Back
Top Bottom