• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Really great side-by-side comparison chart of FM9 to FM3 to Axe-FX III by Fractal Audio up on their website; link here.

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi Buddy, I'm a user of both Axe-Fx III 1400+ Naked Amps and 1000+ Live Gold! - FM3. Any plan to update those packs and/or a special LAYOUT for use with those just like OMG9?
Yes - there will be a Cygnus LiveGold version for the FM9. Until I get my hands on one (soon!) and examine factory layout/logic, I can't say what changes to layouts may be advisable. Not sure about Naked Amps, but in theory those should port over exactly the same as they are on the III, but I haven't updated to Cygnus yet.

EDIT: well actually the FM9 only uses two cabs per channel and the III uses 4 per channel. That is a major complication in porting over from Naked Amps, since I used all four cab four slots or may have chosen the third or fourth Cab for a sound in those a lot in that...

@Admin M@ - The comparison chart is great but I found a typo. The Analog Outs row needs to be updated with correct analog output information for each device. Currently it looks like the data in this row was copy/pasted from the Analog Ins row.

Bruce Sokolovic

Power User
yes answered a lot of questions! Would love to see the DSP chart like Ive seen for all the other units in comparison. Do I ever run out of DSP even on my AX8? No. Do I geek out over firepower anyway? Of course.

WITELITE

Experienced
This is awesome. Quick question. In the chart it says Input 2 is Stereo XLR though the picture looks like 1/4" (I'd prefer the 1/4") but just wanting to make sure the specs haven't changed.

Thanks!
MM

Top Bottom